TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Mopar Show in Salisbury, MA

The Early A-Body Forum » Mopar Events » Mopar Show in Salisbury, MA users admin

Guppy
Post Number: 91

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 4:59 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Seacoast Motors 6th annual MOPAR car show - Sunday, Sept 21st. Show vehicle registration 9am-11am. Trophy presentations at 1pm.

http://www.seacoastmotors.com/

We went to this show last year at the Dodge Dealership - it was small but very nice (except the part where I realized I was parked between the 2nd & 3rd place Barracudas...)

Charger
prisoner

Anyone interested in dinner afterwards? That is, if I don't get arrested again...!
www.tdiclub.com
Online club for VW diesel enthusiasts
Daily driver: 1999 VW Golf GLS TDI
49 mpg / 143hp / 273ft-lbs
Donc1965
Post Number: 361

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 6:47 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I'm going to try and make this show, weather permitting. It's about 140 miles each way for me.

Guppy, I'd keep an eye on that officer, he looks like a shady character to me!

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Guppy
Post Number: 92

Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 8:43 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
LoL...

Yeah, he can be trouble...
www.tdiclub.com
Donc1965
Post Number: 364

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 6:47 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
This was a nice show. It was great meeting Julie (aka Guppy) and her husband Peter again. Julie's car has allot of original detail including the factory molded hood pad and original style window lock strip. Some of the more unusual features were the Chrysler "Command" seating and hybrid conversion!

Don

Rocky Hill, CT
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1192

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 9:18 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Nice pictures there Don. I like the one with the green '67 taken through the windows..it shows the rear side window shape is exactly the same! Cool.

What's that speaker thing in the back window, and what is Command seating? What kind of hybrid conversion?
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Donc1965
Post Number: 365

Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 5:02 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The object in the rear window is a solar panel used to keep the battery topped off. I think they're a Volkswagon option. Hence my (jokingly) Hybrid reference.

Command seating was a styling option in early 1960's Chrysler vehicles where the driver's seat back was taller than the passenger's side. Guppy's seat is raised 3" to make the car more comfortable for her to drive.

Don

(If you'd like to see more of this terrific 1961 Fury, here's the link:
http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2006/06/01/hmn_feature3.html )
Rocky Hill, CT
Guppy
Post Number: 99

Monday, September 29, 2008 - 6:31 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Wow, there really was such a thing...and I thought my seat modification was original...

Yes, the solar panel is a VW option. I've found that it's a great conversation piece at shows. It also helps (a little, with peace of mind anyway) when we have an electric cooler plugged in.

Glad to see you guys again - thanks for coming up. Congrats on your second place!

You take very nice pics, BTW...
www.tdiclub.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: