TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

'66 Valiant

The Early A-Body Forum » Ebay Discussions » '66 Valiant users admin

Slotcarwon
Post Number: 72
Friday, June 20, 2008 - 3:23 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I made an offer on this car which was NOT accepted, but now that the auction is over it's interesting that my offer which was less than $4,000 now shows up as $11,000!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180253789072&rd=1
Donc1965
Post Number: 338

Friday, June 20, 2008 - 4:15 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That's a nice Valiant. Not worth his "Buy it Now" price for me though. It's been relisted, so you get a second chance!

Don

1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1148

Friday, June 20, 2008 - 7:19 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Why does that car look like it should say Cadillac on it?
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Slotcarwon
Post Number: 73
Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 12:47 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
It seems like a really nice and solid Valiant plus it's got a V-8 and AC. They are asking more than I'm willing to pay so I guess it's not meant for me. They sent me a pic of the fender tag and it didn't originally have the "Commando" engine. Also the seat covers look good except they do not have the correct pattern.
64ragtop
Post Number: 281

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 4:41 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That truly is the key, isn't it? The seller wants more than I'm willing to pay. I have sent a "best offer" reply on occasion. But I guess that's not in the "spirit" of the auction. One seller did contact me ofter an auction ended with a counter-offer, but I had already given him my best offer. Result: no sale and no hard feelings - and that's acceptable in my book.
Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly quite well!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: