TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

'66 Valiant Signet

The Early A-Body Forum » Ebay Discussions » '66 Valiant Signet users admin

Slotcarwon
Post Number: 59
Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 7:55 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
There was a nice looking 1966 Valiant Signet on eBay (item # 180231041072). High bid was $6,000 and it did not meet reserve. I think this a very fair if not an overly generous bid.

I had seen this car advertised for $12,000 for the last year or so and had contacted the seller, he would not lower the price at all and I did get some additional info on the car.
The does car look good in the pictures, not great but good and the listing mentions that the trim is dinged up a bit. It has AC and a "commando" V-8. I don't think it was an original "commando" car, it was a 2bbl engine that the commando parts were installed (this was not mentioned in the listing). The interior looked to be in great condition except the seat covers front and rear were not the correct pattern.
Hawaiicommando
Post Number: 15
Monday, April 14, 2008 - 9:18 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I own a 66 signet convertible commando,,,its in unreal original condition,,,,to my understanding there were less than 200 made,,,I saw a collector car book that showed 66 with any v-8 in no.3 condition to be around 11,000.00,,didn't even mention a commando motor,,,I would'nt let mine go for any less than 12 and it would still be hard to do,,,,one of my favorite mopars
66 Valiant Signet convertible commando
77 Dodge Adventurer SE150 stepside 440
Slotcarwon
Post Number: 60
Monday, April 14, 2008 - 1:20 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Great car! I don't think you should sell for less than $12,ooo but your car came with an original "commando" motor and more importantly it's a convertible!
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 97

Monday, April 14, 2008 - 3:21 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That is soooo "SWEET".... I would not let that go for less then $15.000!

My Two Cents

clif of Az.
Donc1965
Post Number: 317

Monday, April 14, 2008 - 4:39 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That's a great looking Signet convertible. I've never seen a Commando equipped 1966 Signet convertible. Does it have bucket seats and a console? Surgrip rear? That's got to be a rare car. I think 2507 convertible Signets were built in 1966, I believe about 1500 were slant 6 with the remainder 2bbl V8. Very few must have had the Commando.

I saw a 1966 hardtop Signet at Carlisle last year with a Commando V8 and air. I think he was asking $23,500.

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Hawaiicommando
Post Number: 16
Monday, April 14, 2008 - 9:23 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
the only thing that would get this from me would be to get my 63 savoy,belvedere or sport fury,,,this one is a bench seat,sure grip,10 inch front drums,,,I have the trans,console,steering column,and bucket seats from my 65 signet hardtop I parted out 2 years ago,,,was gonna put it in here,,,but I don't know if I wanna mess with it,,,,might just sell it all the parts as a package.
66 Valiant Signet convertible commando
77 Dodge Adventurer SE150 stepside 440

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: