TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

1966 Formula S on ebay

The Early A-Body Forum » Ebay Discussions » 1966 Formula S on ebay users admin

Donc1965
Post Number: 295

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 6:33 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Check out this 1966 Formula S on ebay. A "Buy it Now" price of $8000. Supposed to be 100% original with 4 speed and suregrip. I've e-mailed the seller for a picture of the fender tag.

http://tinyurl.com/ynqrcz

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1001

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 8:01 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Kinda tempting eh? Looks a little tired and ready for a makeover, but probably pretty good. There's a '66 Formula S for sale in Toronto that needs a front clip, including a new front rad support. It's got a horrible paint job with big black graphics and they guy wants $5000 for it! Oh ya, did I mention the front end has been removed and there's no motor/tranny! I offered him $1500, but even that's a stretch.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Cuda65vpt
Post Number: 5
Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 1:52 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Clean Nevada desert car located in Connecticutt??
Sounds a little fishy and I am not making a pun on Barracuda.
Slotcarwon
Advanced Member
Post Number: 50
Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 6:11 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I did talk to the gentleman selling the '66 Formula S on eBay. We had a long talk and he was happy to discuss this car with someone that knew what it was and could appreciate it. He bought it not too long ago from the original owner and he has all documentation from the day the car was picked up - kinda cool. The car does run but it is not licensed. He says car is all original and it has not been tampered with or messed up or modified for racing. Since it is from a dry climate there is no rust but the UV from the intense sun has ruined paint, rubber and interior. He said he bought everything Legendary had for the this car; seat covers, door panels, dash top, sun visors etc... over $2000 of new interior stuff. Car has drum brakes. He even had Galen Govier document this car.
He has a set price in mind and isn't going to negotiate on it.
So it's basically a complete and non-rusted '66 Formual S with a four speed with all new un-installed interior parts.
Donc1965
Post Number: 297

Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 6:20 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
If I had the space to keep it, I'd be very tempted. It's very rare to find a rust free, documented Formula S for reasonable money. Especially so close to me (about 70 miles away).

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: