TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

PLEASE HELP!!!

The Early A-Body Forum » Feedback Forum » PLEASE HELP!!! users admin

Reflex626
Post Number: 1
Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 11:58 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hello Everyone Im Joe Bermont 24 Years Old From California And I Just Recently Got a 1964 Plymouth Barracuda...well the guy i got it from told me it was a 64 but Acording to the VIN Its Actually a 65

Im new to Restoring anything and this is my first project ever

Im Looking For help to Decode the following Fender Tag... i have no idea to what the ABCDE... Letters and the numbers mean and from the fender tag's i have seen by looking around mine is a little Odd or im just 2 Ignorant about these things to figure it out >.< ... well here goes =D

1234567890 F

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

SO......Number....BODY....TRM....PAINT
219.....00074.....V89.....P4X....KK1..B

There is a B after the Paint... a Larger F on the top Right Corner
a 2 under the 1 a 9 under the 3 and a 2 under the 7 in the number Sequence thing

Under AB a 30 Under DE a 35 A 1 Under the Q a 3 Under the V and a 2 Under the Z In the ABCDEF... Sequence thing

What is odd is the B after the paint code and the Large F on the top right corner.

Please help =( im really clueless...dont know what the numbers under each letter mean and dont know what the numbers under the numbers mean...dont know anything lol
Mojack
Post Number: 309

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 3:43 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome and congrats on your "new" car. This page will get you started:

http://www.earlycuda.org/tech/tag.htm
Reflex626
Post Number: 2
Friday, March 08, 2013 - 10:17 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yes I Checked it and i got the MFG Date The Body TRM And Paint... but i cant find anything online about the rest...i bin to Moparforums.com along with a few other websites and nothing... or i cant understand how to decode it
Mojack
Post Number: 310

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 6:35 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You have a 273, 4 speed, heater w/defroster, AM music master/economy, back up lights, front buckets w/console. Am I right so far? The rest I'm not sure about. Here's where I got that much from:

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-osterling65fendertag.html
Reflex626
Post Number: 3
Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 10:46 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yes =)... thank you so much boss ur awesome for this... this website actually makes it allot easier to understand then all the other ones....THANKS Allot!! i was looking at this thing like WHAT DOES IT MEAN!! :'( What does it mean! :'(
Mojack
Post Number: 311

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 12:19 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Feel free to post up pics of your car. We're interested in projects from start to finish.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: