TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Classified policy/Donations

The Early A-Body Forum » Feedback Forum » Classified policy/Donations users admin

Wanderer
Advanced Member
Post Number: 40
Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 8:19 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
HiYa Neil,
This new and improved is really great! I was wondering if you were accepting donations, if so how do we go about getting them to you. I know PayPal is a RIPOFF, but regretility it is the easiest way to send money. You know the best way to say tankyou is with the DUCKETS!
Next on other boards you can delete ads once the items are gone and are automatically deleted after 90 days, could we do this here?
Thanks wanderer
Admin
Administrator
Post Number: 94
Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 9:32 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Money? Only to the club. I couldn't accept it into my own pocket without a guilty conscience. I guess I could accept it and apply it towards the cost of this software. PayPal: forumadmin@earlyabodyforum.com

Yes, I can make the classified areas automatically "PRUNE" messages after a certain date. Is 90 days a good time frame? I can have them "ARCHIVE" instead if that's better. What do you think?
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Wanderer
Advanced Member
Post Number: 42
Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 9:58 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
HiYa Neil,
It keeps it neat if you PRUNE after 90 days. I sent PayPal fer you to take your significant other out to make up for all the time you are on the computer!
Thanks
wanderer
Admin
Administrator
Post Number: 96
Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 10:02 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You're a good man, and I appreciate the suggestions. I am just the messenger, I don't really want to be the control freak too much.

The great thing about the forum concept is that everyone can contribute and post photos and information, with or without computer technical skills! Instant sharing for everyone!

Some members on the list have already expressed interest to me about literature and stuff they want to post on the EVBC website, but Erik hasn't had time, so they can easily post it here. I will make a private area for them to post to, so nobody else can make comments and then voila, it's out there for the world to see!
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Admin
Administrator
Post Number: 98
Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 10:21 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Okay, I made a mistake. I cannot automatically prune messages by date, only manually. I can pick a date and click a box, and anything older than that will be pruned (I can select exactly which main topic level this would apply to).

The other archiving/pruning features are all based on number of posts in a given topic. I have it set to 25 right now, everywhere. When conversation reaches 25 messages, it will archive 20 of them, leaving 5 behind.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: