TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Master Cylinder?

The Early A-Body Forum » Feedback Forum » Master Cylinder? users admin

64fysh
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 23

Monday, January 17, 2011 - 6:20 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
So I want to get a dual master cylinder that will fit my 64 barracuda, and i'm not sure what may fit. i was told a 67 dart master cylinder would fit, but i went on ebay and there are so many different kinds. help! please (:
64 Barracuda. Best first car ever!
Fstfish66
Post Number: 457

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 11:39 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
are you going to front disc ?? or staying with drum ?? any year A body master will fit,1967 is the first year of a dual master cylinder,,you can even use a more modern master say off of a dakota, those mount with a 2 bolt pattern,and you would need the adapter plate to go from 4 to 2 bolts macinic racing has those,,

decide if your staying drum.drum or disc /drum,,then get the matching porportioning valve
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica
64fysh
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 25

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 4:45 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I am surely going to go to disc/drum. Cool, so one off of like a 67 dart would work okay? the only thing is like on the one that i had, the actuator cylinder was attached to the master cylinder and all the ones i see online don't have it.
64fysh
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 26

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 5:32 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
So I guess my dad says that we can attach an actuator cylinder, so it's all good. I just bought one on ebay, it's new and for a '67 barracuda. thanks for the help!
Fstfish66
Post Number: 459

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 6:02 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
i dont know what your caling the actuator cylinder,,,,do you meen the push rod ?? use the push rod from your current master,,make sure if you still have drum/drum that the master is for drum /drum,,,
2008 chrysler pacifica
64fysh
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 27

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 5:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yeah, i meant the push rod. We got that whole thing figured out, but i'm confused about what you are saying with the drum/drum. the cylinder doesn't matter, it's the proportioning valve, no?
Fstfish66
Post Number: 462

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 12:48 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
thats a good question,,,,im pretty sure the resovor is bigger on a disc brake master,,at least is it on the factory iron masters,,,,look at a 1970s disc brake master cylinder,,you will see one section is bigger (front brakes) and the other is smaller,,,but do a search on rock auto .com and compare
2008 chrysler pacifica

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: