TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Linkage for triple Holley's on a slan...

The Early A-Body Forum » Feedback Forum » Linkage for triple Holley's on a slant six? users admin

1badspd3
Post Number: 1
Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:25 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I just picked up a really cool slant 6 intake with 3 Holley carbs and I want to fit it to my 62' Valiant. Anyone have ideas on how to adapt the stock throttle "rod" linkage to fit a holley Carb? Thanks in advance!
Fstfish66
Post Number: 436

Friday, December 10, 2010 - 1:42 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
go to speed way motors.com,.,they are a hot rod mail order,,they have lots of different types of throttle linkages for stuff like that,choose the one that will work for your car and wallet..lets see a pic of this kool slant,,,
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica
1badspd3
Post Number: 2
Friday, December 10, 2010 - 10:48 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks for the info! I'll check them out. I'm new here so I'll get pictures posted over this weekend. Very proud of my lil Val and here slant 6!
1badspd3
Post Number: 3

Friday, December 10, 2010 - 11:05 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
This is the new intake and carbs.....slant six, three holleysother side
Fstfish66
Post Number: 437

Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 11:58 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
never seen any thing like that looks sorta like a race piece,, im going to try to post a pic, of a bucket T with a slant 6 with weber side draft carbs,,very kool hot rod
2008 chrysler pacifica
1badspd3
Post Number: 4

Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 10:19 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The guy I bought these from actually had them on a 32' ford. I also bought his exhaust manifold which was a single 3" header. Plan on dumping that into a flowmaster with dual 2 1/2" outlets for the dual tailpipes.
Terryr
Post Number: 119

Monday, December 13, 2010 - 6:17 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
i see the center carb has a slider which then activates the other carbs at about half throttle ,so they should work ok ,just wondering if when they come in it will be a bit on the rich side but what the hell they will look good
1badspd3
Post Number: 5

Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:06 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I got'em today and they look good. The manifold looks home built but looks like it was built right. With the open plenum, i'll run center carb only with the other two for looks until i can rebuild engine to suit the set-up. The 3" exhaust looks to be overkill but again, if looks can kill! lol.... I think I'm pulling the stock gas pedal (and linkage) and relacing it with an aftermarket setup with a cable linkage. Anyone think thats the easiest way out?
Fstfish66
Post Number: 440

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 5:47 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
2 1/2 inch exhaust may be a little to big for that motor,,i have 2 1/2 on a 241 ci hemi and its a litttle big im going to change it out for either 2 1/4 or 2 inch,,,i discovered it,, cause i had to remove the tail pipes,,it ran terrible,,,,did some research,,the exhaust is to big,, not enough back pressure,,
2008 chrysler pacifica
1badspd3
Post Number: 6

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 9:46 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I agree, I got a good deal on this exhaust so I figured maybe it'll work someday when I get the chance to really build this motor. I'm really on the lookout for a set of true duals. The stock 1 3/4" is just way to small and the 3" is just way to big....
64ragtop
Post Number: 300

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 9:52 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yeah! Cool looking triple carb setup. Just need enough motor to make them earn their keep! Though I guess just working smoothly on whatever motor earns their keep for looks alone....

I'd vote for the cable linkage setup. No point in keeping the rod setup for original appearance, now, is there?

BC
Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly quite well!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: