TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

LED LIGHTS

The Early A-Body Forum » Feedback Forum » LED LIGHTS users admin

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 06, 2011Hell_fish20 1-06-11  7:33 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Fstfish66
Post Number: 456

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 7:48 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
you may have a trace broken on the board,,,take the cluster out of the car,and use an OHM meter to follow the trace,,if its broken a dab of solder will fix it up

the tralier LEDS are a good idea,,
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica
1badspd3
Post Number: 16

Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 10:23 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Just finished my dash! Had two traces broke on the board. (easy to solder!) Installed 3 new LED's, and after finding a polarity issue with one led, It looks great! Thanks to you members who have taken time to answer questions and help out us Mopar newbies!
Fstfish66
Post Number: 460

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 12:43 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
dash loks kool in the pics,,,what color are the bulbs??? and what type ??? stock push in ??
2008 chrysler pacifica
1badspd3
Post Number: 17

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 2:02 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
It looks even better in person. I bought the LED's off ebay from "USHD". They're push in type with 6 green led's per light. They were like $3.00 per bulb. I bought red 1157 replacement led bulbs for my 59' Caddy tailights as well and they worked good too.
Scottylack
Advanced Member
Post Number: 38
Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 7:25 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
can they do a 64 Barracuda tailight ...????
Fstfish66
Post Number: 463

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 8:24 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I had custom LED boards modified to fit my 66 cuda tail lites,, ide be willing to bet they would fit your 64 housings,,there are pics of them posted on this site on another topic talking about LED,S

love they green look i have a custom dash,with after market gauges,with push and twist bulbs,wonder if i can get green led,s for those
2008 chrysler pacifica
64ragtop
Post Number: 319

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 9:20 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The green lighting does look cool! I'd guess you left the stock diffuser lenses in place, like fish66 did not. The trace repair is so easy it's almost a sin, isn't it? (Well, once you get the instrument cluster to a decent working area, anyway!)

Congrats on your success - guess I'll have to upgrade mine soon. It has an intermittent light circuit anyway
"I have gone faster, backwards upside down and on fire than most people have gone at all" Don Garlits
1badspd3
Post Number: 18

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 10:02 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Fish- You should be able to get LED's to fit your sockets. Most use the same BA9S base. LED's use such low wattage, it shouldn't be any kind of problem.
Ragtop-I actually removed the diffusers. There was one diffuser missing so I didn't want the colors not to match accross the dash. The LED's are green themselves and look really good.
By any chance any of you know where the label's can be bought or how they can be made. Were the originals decals or painted on?
Thanks again guys for your help!
64ragtop
Post Number: 320

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 10:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have seen those instrument panel decals "somewhere" when I was looking for something else.

check here:http://whitegauges.net/

They don't seem to have exactly what either of us needs, but perhaps worth a phone call....

The originals look to be painted on the aluminum gauge panels. White Face Gauges has vinyl DECALS.
"I have gone faster, backwards upside down and on fire than most people have gone at all" Don Garlits
64ragtop
Post Number: 417

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 12:35 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I found another one! It looks more promising, though I never did call whitegauges...

These folks use decals too, and they have them in white!

http://premiumdashdecals.com/contact.htm

ATB

BC

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: