TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Paint behind the grill or not to pain...

The Early A-Body Forum » Feedback Forum » Paint behind the grill or not to paint that is the question? users admin

Jaywojjo
Post Number: 2
Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 1:53 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have a repainted silver 1965 Barracuda and the area behind the grill is silver. I have seen a red and white Barracuda that was painted Black behind the grill all the way up to the radiator support. How did they come from the factory? Body color or Black? I feel it would have been extra work to paint behind the grill black if the car was painted silver. Thank you for a great forum and wealth of information.
JayO NE IA
64_barracuda
Post Number: 90

Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 4:51 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
All of them came with Black behind the grill, there are a remote few that say they didn't, those that are not painted are resprays with no black. If you like send me an email and I will send you some pictures of where the black goes.
Rick
Rick.Mopar@gmail.com
757-450-4907
"Chevy's and Ford's are like Belly Buttons.... Everyone has One"
1964 Plymouth Barracuda
1965 Plymouth Valiant Signet
1977 Dodge Adventurer
2007 Dodge Charger
2009 Dodge Avenger
http://www.tidewatermoparclub.com
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/RicksMopar
Larryjimmiecuda
Post Number: 2
Monday, July 05, 2010 - 5:59 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Rick, we would like to see where the black goes. Was this standard for 65's also? We are restoring a white cuda that had the red stripes and red interior. While I myself am not positive if behind the grill is black I would like to find out so we can restore close to original as possible.
Larry and Jimmie Lu
Husband and wife
restoring a 65 barracuda

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: