TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Carlisle showfield classes

The Early A-Body Forum » Feedback Forum » Carlisle showfield classes users admin

Valiant_v300
Post Number: 1
Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 7:01 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi ... I just signed on as a member.
I met several members of your club at Carlisle 08, and was told that I and my 61 Valiant were welcome to join the show-class and the club. The problem was that the Carlisle early Plymouth A-body class was listed as 63-66.
Wanted to let you know that after several dead ends I contacted the right person at Carlisle Productions. They agreed that Mopar A-body cars start in 1960, not 1963. So they agreed to expand the classes, the expanded classes are
"#119 Plymouth A body 60-66 stock"
"#112 Dodge A body 60-66 stock" (should be 61)
The Class listing on the Carlisle Productions website was updated on 3-24-10.
Since I have only seen 1 or 2 first generation Valiants at Carlisle in the past few years, it should have minimal impact on the class size. And they agreed to open a new class for 60-62 cars if the current class got too big.
But now my 61 Valiant does not have to go into a catch-all class of Furys, Newports and Polaras.
Hope to see you all at Carlisle 2010. ... Gary
Mojack
Post Number: 181

Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 6:37 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome Gary, good to have you in the club.
Thank you for your hard work in getting that oversight corrected at Carlisle. Others will benefit from it also, it's no fun being stuck in the "other" category.

Jack
Valiant_v300
Post Number: 2
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 4:13 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks Jack, I hope to spend some quality time hanging with the membership at Carlisle this year. ... Gary

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: