TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Fuel Leak?

The Early A-Body Forum » Feedback Forum » Fuel Leak? users admin

Krazymofugger
Advanced Member
Post Number: 32

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 9:00 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
In my 65 valiant I have put in a new fuel tank,new sender,new filler neck gromet and I still have a leak.I made a new vent tube and instaled a new locking fuel cap.It seems to be leaking out the gromet and the cap.I understand that almost all early a bodys had a splashing problem out the side of the car but this seems to be a bit much.It's a little hard to put these things in wrong but I cant figure this out.Any help would be great.
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 201

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 7:56 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I wonder if you have a vented cap and the fuel is splashing out of it.
If you have a vent tube the cap perhaps doesn't need to be vented.
Just a thought.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Krazymofugger
Advanced Member
Post Number: 33

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 5:23 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hmmm...the cap says non-vented on the bottom (I believe the part number is stant g85 but I can't remember for sure). I bought it on ebay as a NOS cap. The seal is nice and soft, but I think the main leak is coming from the filler neck tube seal. I bought it from laysons and it wasn't cheap :-( The weirdest part is that it just started leaking really bad, and it's been in the car for almost a year.

Do you think there could be different filler neck seal diameters? Or do the gas tanks have different diameter holes? Some gas does come out of the side of the car, but I think more of it is leaking out of the filler neck seal than anywhere else. Any insight anyone could provide would be appreciated. It really is a bummer to buy gas and watch it spew out the side of your car...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: