TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Welcome to the club forum!

The Early A-Body Forum » Feedback Forum » Welcome to the club forum! users admin

Rogerk
Friday, December 28, 2001 - 6:48 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks to Neil B. we now have a forum to post anything we want to share about our cars.

The mailing list sometimes gets overcrowded with messages & this forum is the best way to archive info of any sort for all to see.

I hope we use this as another tool to help anyone who needs it with any problem they may encounter while in the hobby we all have come to enjoy.

Roger Kizer
Club President
Neilb
Monday, December 31, 2001 - 9:47 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks to Roger, we have the club which inspired this forum!

I hope this can become a great place and resource for us and our cars. As I've told Roger, I feel a debt to the EVBC and created this place as my contribution; to repay all the help I've received from the EVBC mailing list and all members.

If you have questions or anything, let me know!

forumadmin@earlyabody.com
Mojack
Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 6:27 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks to Roger and Neil both we have a great place to go for early A stuff. This site is super !
Neilb
Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 7:50 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Ya, now how do we get everyone to use it?
Mojack
Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 10:30 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
To be honest, I just checked in by accident because I hadn't in a while. Maybe an email to all the members. I'm not sure if that's doable.
Cudazappa
Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 3:46 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I think when the homepage finally moves to the .com and .org residense, this should get moved too. Also, a mention on the mailing list every other month or so should help.
Neilb
Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 7:15 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
This is not an 'official' part of the EVBC. I think it could be though! :)

I sorta just built it, then asked if I could use the name and logo. The EVBC heads said yes, but I'm scared to push it too much.

I think I need to talk with the EVBC heads and figure a way to integrate this more. One nice feature I'm trying out right now is the email thing...when a new message is posted, I get an email. It's in your profile page if you want to try it out.

Thanks for all the good feedback guys!

I also run this site, The TV ClubHouse I guess that's where I learned how to set all this up. If you go there, you can see how big this kinda thing can get! On that site, there are about 6 moderators that help me with admin chores and help weed out bad messages and answer questions for newbies. I've had as many as 3000 members at one point, right now we're around 400.
Jack
Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 7:17 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
This is my first posted message. A friend of mine, Bob Minor, gave me this site. I've owned my 2 fish for about 2 years now. I must be missing something here. Is this not the message board? It seems, from this particular thread, that this is a new forum feature. I was trying to get to the message archives (to just lurk around) and am having trouble getting to it. Do I have to be a paying member to get to this avenue?
jack carter
madera, ca
66 FB 318 2 bbl AT
67 FB 273 4 bbl AT
Cudazappa
Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 5:52 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
go back to the first page, and go into general discussions. That's where most of the talking takes place....
Neilb
Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 8:22 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Or perhaps you want the mailing archives. Does Topica.com store an archives of the mailing list?

You see Jack, originally there is the EVBC mailing list which you subscribe to and then you get emails back and forth with everyone discussing everything....then there is this place which is more of a discussion board.
Jack
Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 10:11 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
CudaZappa: Do you remember me from the BOG? I wondered where you took off to. Do you still keep in touch with the 2nd gen. club? Anyway:
You mentioned to go back to "General Discussion" and I take it you mean using this format.

Neil: I also take it that you developed this format and hope to get the group to use it more. Correct? So this isn't the email room where you get everyones emails. Do you have to be a paid member in order to get that? I like this format because you can zero in on your topics of interest instead of having your home email crowded with messages. How can you get more of the group to use it? It seems there is only about 15+ fish heads using this program.
jack_man on ebay
madera, ca
66 FB
Neilb
Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 1:26 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yes, I thought it would be better than the mailing list. Maybe not better, but an alternative for whoever wants it.

Although the mailing list has helped me immensely, I get tired of hundreds of emails that are irrelevant to me, and I have also seen certain topics revisted dozens of times. Hence, this forum was born.

There is actually over 110 people that have signed up, but only a few using it. I guess we could push it more on the list, but I don't feel that's right. I kinda think more along the lines of "If you build it they will come" :)

Part of the challenge is organzing the topics, then keeping it that way. Already people post stuff for sale in the Parts Wanted area and stuff wanted in the Parts for Sale area. I run another site and it can sometimes get completely out of control. With this site, I'd like to just see it run itself.
Cudazappa
Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 1:45 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
yeah jack I remember,

I hang around on the earlycuda list (go to topica.com and search under "earlycuda") this message board and the moparts.com board.

just concentrating on one project at a time now...

Gary "CudaZappa" Viola, Middlefield, CT
64 225 to 360 PB 'cuda / 80 225 Volare 4dr / 83 318 'doba
http://www.geocities.com/cudazappa9000/
Bobv
Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 7:19 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Neil,

This forum looks great! However, since I lost contact with the EVBC mail list in which I used to participate/lurk, I have been experiencing serious withdrawal pangs.

I tried doing as you mentioned above (going to Topica.com and searching for 'earlycuda'...and every derivitive thereof I could dream up...) -- with no results.

<B>Help! How does one get (back) on the current EVBC e-mail list?!?</B>

(BTW, why didn't my <*BOLD*> tags in the line above work?
Charrlie_S
Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 7:26 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Go to www.earlycuda.org
That is the club website. You can sign up for the mailing list there.
Cavemanmoron
Post Number: 0
Monday, January 09, 2006 - 3:10 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks, Neil,
and All who helped.
:-)
Lee/cavemanmoron
Donc1965
Monday, January 09, 2006 - 5:45 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi Neil, I'll give this forum a try. The more avenues we have for information, the better. It's also great to be able to view the older posts. Allot of times the questions I have are already answered.
Admin
Administrator
Monday, January 09, 2006 - 4:44 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Exactly, archives are important!

There's a few bugs to work out still, but overall it's looking pretty good I think.

I'm not that happy with the colors, they are leftovers in the skin file from another site I made a long time ago. We need some good EVBC colors! I was playing with blue and red, but found it hard to come up with anything that worked.
Pineapple
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 5:55 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi there Neil,
I should have payed attention a lot sooner.The archives of this forum has already answered a lot of my questions.I do like the EVBC email list,but the more I am here this forum grows on me .I just wish more folks would us it. Thanks for the hard work Neil !
Admin
Administrator
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 9:00 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks for the feedback, it's encouraging.

I've aquired lots from the mailing list and owe it a lot, but ultimately a forum is the way to go. I've seen topics come up on the mailing list over and over again, the same questions over and over again....with a forum you just answer "Go here..." It's a no brainer!
64valiant
Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 5:47 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Really, thanks guys. I've been in the club for a long time now. Did the mailing list thing for awhile, but I know that I'm going to enjoy this a lot. Thanks again guys.

Lee
->{field_signature}

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: