TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

How Come....

The Early A-Body Forum » Feedback Forum » How Come.... users admin

64ragtop
Post Number: 53
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:55 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
every time I click to a new page, I get a "select username dot this forum" box, and if I close it I have to post as "Anonymous"? On login (once per session) I could understand, though most forums offer automatic login. But each time I move to a new page??? Maybe I goofed in setup, but I don't know where. Help - Neil???
Admin
Administrator
Post Number: 114
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 1:39 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Under Preferences in your Profile you have:

Remember my username and password in a cookie selected AND

Clear the cookie when I exit my browser selected.

Go to the Profile Editor and remove the checkmark beside Clear the cookie when I exit my browser. This will tell your computer to save the cookie from now on. This means the computer will know who you are when you return to the forum.

If this doesn't work, post here again with your findings.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
64ragtop
Post Number: 59
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 7:55 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I did remove the checkmark beside Clear the cookie when I exit my browser. However, I still get the box to "Select username to be entered in this forum". On every single page I navigate to, AND each time I click on the "Preview/Post Message" button seems a bit excessive. Have I still got an error in my setup, or is this board default behavior? (Maybe a browser issue - I use Mozilla 1.7.12)
Admin
Administrator
Post Number: 118
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 8:06 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Again, within your profile you can select to skip the preview page.

It seems your browser is not storing cookies properly. Although this forum works on Mozilla/Netscap/Firefox/Opera, I can't guarantee that modifications I've done, including the skin file, will. I have not tested the modifications with these other browsers and I don't plan on it either.

Why not? Because I've been there before and trying to please Netscape is just impossible. I used this software and many parts of this skin file on a site for over 5 years.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Sokmister
Post Number: 1

Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 8:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hello friends I am a newbie to the club. I have a 1962 Dodge Lancer sister car to the 1962 Valiant. Has anyone here converted their old style ball and trunnion to a more modern U joint on each end. Does the flat round piece with the four threaded holes pull out of the rear of a manual 3 speed tranny so that a yoke piece can be inserted in its place??? Thank You for your help in advance.
Fstfish66
Post Number: 289

Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 11:02 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
hello the flange does come off,, but in order to convert it you need a more modern donor ttranny,, switch the main shaft and the housing,, i did it on mine easy,,
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2006 chrysler pacifica
Charrlie_s
Post Number: 57
Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 7:39 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
follow this link to the EVBC main site, for conversion info. My car.
http://www.earlycuda.org/tech/ujoint.htm
66 Cuda 170 nitrous
66 Valiant 225 nitrous
65 Valiant 170 turbo
Jbirdcuda
Post Number: 16

Friday, April 10, 2009 - 12:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi There - I also did the conversion... Just cut off the end of the drive shaft and weld on a spline shaft, use the old bolt on flange, and a new slip yoke, and you are good to go - any drive line guy can do it in 4 hours... It cost me just under $400... If I look hard enough, I might even be able to find all the part numbers - you need 3 parts, not including new U joints.
Charrlie_s
Post Number: 61
Friday, April 10, 2009 - 6:34 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The part numbers are in the link I posted
66 Cuda 170 nitrous
66 Valiant 225 nitrous
65 Valiant 170 turbo

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: