TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

1963 Valiant Seat Belts

The Early A-Body Forum » Feedback Forum » 1963 Valiant Seat Belts users admin

63vals
Post Number: 1
Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 6:04 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi there...new to the forum. I just put in a new carpet in my 63 Valiant ragtop. I've owned it for 25 years. While cleaning up what I thought were the original seat belts, I found that they were sold by Sears Roebuck. I am wondering what is the correct, original type of seat belt that may have been an option for the 1963 Valiant. The ones I have are NOT retractable, and I am hoping that the original ones were also NOT retractable. I was going to put them back in since I thought they were original to the car. Also, I'd like to know how the originals were installed on the 63 Valiant. Question: was the mounting plate under the carpet, with the webbing going through (I'd need to cut a slot for the webbing), OR, does the mounting hardware mount right over the carpet, and bolt through there (I'd cut a hole for the bolt, instead of a slot). Thanks for any and all advice.base plate for 63 seat belt

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: