TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

1965 Formula S (yellow with black top...

The Early A-Body Forum » Feedback Forum » 1965 Formula S (yellow with black top) for sale in St Louis users admin

Earlybarracuda
Post Number: 1
Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 8:17 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Is anyone here familiar with the special order 65 barracuda Formula S with factory air, disk brakes, etc and special 999 yellow paint code. It is for sale in St Louis at a high price from a dealer. I have always wanted one of these early Barracuda with factory air, automatic and in excellent shape. I know they are hard to find in that condition (if ad is legitimate) I would appreciate any thoughts ye on the car if you know it or what you experts think it might be worth based on the description provided by seller (assuming claims are true). Thank you
Dalerich
Post Number: 54

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 9:11 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have a similar car, needing restoration. After looking at the Ad and images it looks correct from what I know. Mine too had black top, trim around the top, drip rails that are wider, the windshield gasket is wider too. Mine was not an S but had HD rear springs, yet no sway bar, Front discs, V8, AC, and too was from California. When I got it the Engine and Trans had already been removed. I have rear seat belts. I don't know how many were ever made with that top in 65, but I have only come across a handful in 25 years. What sucks, other than the car is in rough shape, for me is I don't have a fender tag nor broadcast sheet. They are asking a lot for the car in my opinion, but I would rather drive the wheels off it than have a one of few car. And for that price you could really have a nice updated driver. With that said if that car sold for near that much... I'd better think about fixing mine up!
Fstfish66
Post Number: 717

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 7:07 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
ask over on forAbodiesonly.com good luck sounds like a kool car
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 296

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 10:52 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Do you have any pics of the car, It would be nice to see a picture of the fender tag if you make it out there. I've never seen a 65 early A with factory disc's before.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: