TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Hello all New to the Forum!

The Early A-Body Forum » Part Source Reviews » Hello all New to the Forum! users admin

Valkman
Post Number: 1
Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 7:03 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I just bought a 65 Barracuda that I'm starting the restoration process on. I found tail light lenses on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370642369627?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

the seller is: micas_y_mas

Has anyone gotten these and if so what is your opinion on them?

Thanks!
64ragtop
Post Number: 353

Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 8:05 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome to the forum, Valkman. I have not ordered anything from this seller, but seem to remember reading of some quality issues with his items, I don't mean to cast aspersions, just my recollections. Personally, I am leery at ordering anything with disclaimers like his: "Delivery in 20 to 30 days the world over INSURANCE NOT AVAILABLE!" and "I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DELIVERY TIME. 30 DAYS IS NOT UNCOMMON AND COULD POSSIBLY BE MORE" Though to give him some respect, at least he says so in his auction and warns you.

But then again, maybe I'm just too impatient. I'd love to hear glowing reports about this seller, Please let us know your experience.

BC
"I have gone faster, backwards upside down and on fire than most people have gone at all" Don Garlits
Mojack
Post Number: 269

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 10:22 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome Valkman, I too would like to hear a good report about this vendor. With the bargain price they are hard to resist. They sound too cheap to have Mopars blessings, I'm not making a judgement call here, just wondering and his ad does say "driver quality".
Garys
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 26
Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 12:00 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I've heard mixed reviews, but no personal experience. One person said the lens material melts at a low temperature and that quality is spotty, with some years better than others.
Valkman
Post Number: 2
Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 2:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I checked out his feedback, and the negative one's were mostly for a certain lenses but none for this particular one. I might be the test subject and go ahead bid on it and give you all a report. It might take a while because I bet they make them to order.
Valkman
Post Number: 3
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 6:27 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I got out bid! Maybe the person that won will chime in and let us know what they think.
Valkman
Post Number: 7
Friday, September 14, 2012 - 12:07 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I just won a set! I 'll update you all when they arrive.
Mojack
Post Number: 275

Friday, September 14, 2012 - 2:13 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Excellent, I'll be interested to hear your review !

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: