TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

EBay - fmmpar (Frank Mitchell)

The Early A-Body Forum » Part Source Reviews » EBay - fmmpar (Frank Mitchell) users admin

Todd
Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 4:25 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I've bought a few things from him, always honest descriptions, and fairly quick to ship. He's sitting on a MOUNTAIN of N.O.S. stuff, mostly 60's. Lots of decent used stuff. He usually leaves feedback.
65valiant
Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 8:57 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Todd..."fmmpar" is the notorious Frank Mitchell from Mitchell Motor Parts in Georgia. He has ripped-off a ton of people so I would steer clear of him if I were you.

(Just my opinion)

Darwin
John Hefler
Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 8:42 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Mitchel Motors has been bought or at least under new management... Site now has a catalog of sorts.. Some prices are high but most seem reasonable.. Staff was helpful over the phone..
Email questions often went begging... I haven't had a problem yet with them and parts are good maybe a little shelf warn and dusty..
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 333
Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 10:56 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I think I've found a correct '65-67 choke thermostat at www.mmpar.com. $69.50. Expensive but I'm going to go for it.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Donc1965
Post Number: 102
Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 1:21 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Mmm, I had a friend who pruchased a steering wheel from Frank Mitchell for his 1961 Plymouth. They billed his credit card and two months later still no steering wheel. He had a difficult time getting his money back. This was several years ago and things might have changed. I think Frank's son might have taken over and things are better now.

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Keith_mopar
Advanced Member
Post Number: 42
Friday, March 24, 2006 - 1:22 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I to got ripped by that guy. took almost 5 months to get an adaptor for a rim blow steering wheel, and when I got it, it looked used!
The good news is, that business is being run by someione else now! Could be his son Don.

Let us now how your order goes Neil.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 392
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:49 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
My choke thermostat showed up, wrapped well and arrived fast, no problems.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Donc1965
Post Number: 159

Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 7:06 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Just bought some trunk weather-stripping from fmmpar (Mitchell Motor parts). Shipping was prompt and they provided tracking for the shipment.

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
64valiant
Post Number: 91

Friday, August 04, 2006 - 6:07 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
A lot of people on Moparts have gotten ripped off by him. Me personally, I haven't every dealt with the guy.

Lee
340, aluminum E-brock heads ported by
Ryan J @ (Shady Dell Speed shop),
six pack induction
four speed built by Passon with 2.66 first gear
8 3/4 with back brace, 4:10 gears,
spool and after market axles
mini tubed
Fstfish66
Post Number: 8
Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 12:37 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
he moveed to GA huh, fast frank,,,im sure that that mountian of n o os parts is mostly gone,,he is selling look a like syuff,, some not even close,, to being correct,,in the 80;s he was thrown out of hemmings magazine,,had ripped off to many people,, taking orders and money for stuff he didnt have,,, then when you called he would say when i find one ill send it to you,,but had your money maybe for years,,,and some never seen there parts,,,then there was a big fire at his warehouse/junk yard,, he was selling stuff of of junk cars,,as new for a while,,now he comes to the events in a 2 dodge sprinter vans,,no more tractor trailer,,,if he has some thing you want,,buy it in person,,not thru the mail,,,,just like laysons,,,
Gordon_in_texas
Post Number: 7
Monday, March 28, 2011 - 1:47 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have restored 3 cars with nos parts from these folks and yes the parts are a little on the high side but where else are you going to find them and get a the knowledge that these guys have. I have dealt with Mike and Frank and they are just like any other small business and have a lot of requests, so yes give the guys a break they are providing the last of the nos parts and should be given credit for helping guys like me to get the parts we need.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: