TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Layson's - The Ultimate Valiant/Barra...

The Early A-Body Forum » Part Source Reviews » Layson's - The Ultimate Valiant/Barracuda source users admin

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 03, 2008Fstfish6620 3-03-08  5:40 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Charrlie_s
Advanced Member
Post Number: 46
Monday, March 03, 2008 - 7:45 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
As far as I am concerned, for that kind of money, those parts should be PERFECT. This is why companies have shoddy products and service, today. Consumers, let them get away with it. When I am "wronged", I am like a junkyard dog. I won't let go. If every one was like that, companies would get the message, and stop their crap. What about the person, that orders the part, doesn't know it is wrong, and installs it, only to find out later.
66 Cuda 170 nitrous
66 Valiant 225 nitrous
65 Valiant 170 turbo
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1013

Monday, March 03, 2008 - 8:09 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
A /b{/i{reproduction}} part should be an exact copy of the original, otherwise it's an /b{/i{imitation}} part. Just my
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Fstfish66
Post Number: 86

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 6:25 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
well i agree,, but some time you got to take what you can get, im happy t obe getting these pieces,,
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2006 chrysler pacifica
Damraider
Post Number: 4
Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 12:17 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Did you see that Layson's is having a 20% off sale now ? Posted on FABO.
Fstfish66
Post Number: 87

Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 1:40 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
nope i missed that one,
2006 chrysler pacifica
Fstfish66
Post Number: 89

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 11:28 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
WELL I RECIEVED MY 66 BARRACUDA REAR WINDOW MOLDINGS from layson,MY CAR IS IN STORAGE SO ICANT PUT THEM ON TO TRY THE FIT,,BUT THIS FINISH IS another story,,from a distance they will look nice,up close is a different story,,every patch of fins has a bad blochy appearance in the chrome,also in the same area,there is a line from machining running across the fins,the oppsite direction that the fins run. and if you look at the piece in the right lighting you can see what you would think are pits in the fins,over all quality of the maching is POOR,, the chrome is shinny, so if you have a piece that is decent,with out pitts like my orignal, i say keep what you have,if you have a show,magazine car you may have to tosss a coin in the air to decide,so with the poor quality of machining,and possibily the plating,and the fact that the center is painted incorrectly,,,on a scale from 1 to 10. 10 being best, i rate this piece at a 6
2006 chrysler pacifica
Donc1965
Post Number: 307

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 4:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The window moldings I received from Layson's are not flawless but were a vast improvement over my originals which were pitted, tarnished and poorly repainted by one of the previous owners. I think it would be impossible to find a flawless NOS set (there was a NOS center section on ebay for $899 just before I bought these). I don't think my originals could be replated without tremendous expense (how would you get the pits out between the small fins?). So, in general, I'm happy with the new moldings. Sorry Fstfish66 if my enthusiasm caused you to make a purchase your not happy with. Can you return the moldings or will Layson's wack you with a restocking fee?

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Fstfish66
Post Number: 90

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 5:18 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
hi,, no fault to you, i have been waiting on these parts for over a year,, i truely believe if i had a plater i could trust ,that my orignal parts would look better then the reproductions,,my orignals are not pitted at all,, even with losing some detail from replating i still think they would be better then what i just recieved,,im hoping they look better on the car,,then in my hand ,, thanks for your consern,,, don
2006 chrysler pacifica
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1022

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 7:46 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
1969cudaman has been holding out on us! Look what he's got for sale on ebay--> MINT rear trim
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Fstfish66
Post Number: 91

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 8:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
wow nice,,i have a few pieces packed away,,been out of the day lite for over 20 years,,,i should repaint the trim see how it looks,,

good news i hope,,,rick at laysons will be exchanging my rear window trim,so i will keep you posted as to the condition of the exchanged set,,
2006 chrysler pacifica
Fstfish66
Post Number: 108

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 9:28 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
WELL RICK AT LAYSONS,HELPED ME OUT, I RETURNED THE FIRST SET OF REAR WINDOW CHROME FOR AN EXCHANGE,,NOT PERFECT,, BUT MUCH BETTER THEN THE FIRST SET OF TRIM I RECIEVED,,,
THANKS AGAIN RICK AT LAYSONS
2006 chrysler pacifica
Charrlie_s
Post Number: 54
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 4:52 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Glad to hear that. Maybe things are getting better at Laysons. We shall see.
66 Cuda 170 nitrous
66 Valiant 225 nitrous
65 Valiant 170 turbo
Cudafish
Post Number: 20

Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 3:30 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Its not just the early parts. I bought a set of 1968 tail light lenses from layson's the chrome was nice but one of the lenses had a blemish. Then I get them installed and when the back ups were on you could see light in the tail light section. I wasn't happy.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: