TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Newbie looking for parts for 65 cuda ...

The Early A-Body Forum » Parts Wanted » Newbie looking for parts for 65 cuda - and some suggestions users admin

Mcp1552
Post Number: 5
Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 8:25 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
first the parts - want/need:
jack assembly
fuel tank
knob that goes on the leaver that move the seat back and forth
sun visors (or suggestions on getting the recovered)
headliner - any help appreciated
fresh air doors (both driver and passenger)

ok - now the questions:

the molding around the back window, over the top of both windows all the way thru to the windshield - both sides
any recommendations on the fresh box - can i replace just the doors or do i need to find the full units
the driver door mirror swivels but isn't sturdy - can it be reworked or do i just need to find another?
the chrome is flaking off the back strip between the trunk and the back glass - how does it come off and can it be rechromed?
the trunk has some rust damage and i'd like to replace it....can this be bought as a unit or do I need to have it rebuilt?
the strip around the back glass...it's doesn't 'look' the best, can this be bought new and replaced?

any help to find or suggestions greatly appreciated...thanks all!

mcp1552
Mcp1552
Post Number: 8
Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 9:06 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
here's some pics

Fstfish66
Post Number: 620

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 8:21 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
the glass lock strip can be bought but will not have the ribbed look of your original, find a supplier of auto glass, you can check JC WHITNEY they use to carry the lock strip, you wont find it listed as barracuda or dart or valiant you will find it listed for chevy/gmc or dodge pick up or van wind shield lock strip, there are 2 sizes you will need the wider locking strip usually one package for the front and 2 for the rear window, the rear window chrome trim will cost u a ton of money to rechrome, best bet is to buy it reproduction from laysons reproductions that part is one of only a few items available for these cars, i do have seat adjuster knobs, e mail me if you are still in need good luck fstfish66@aol.com
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica
Mcp1552
Post Number: 9
Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 1:52 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
thanks - I'll look into it

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: