TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

65 Valiant Top Header

The Early A-Body Forum » Parts Wanted » 65 Valiant Top Header users admin

Steves65
Post Number: 75

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 3:27 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
hello, I am looking for part of the convertible top frame for my 65 Valiant 200. I have a complete frame on my car, but the end of the frame, which sits on the windshield frame is rotten on the left and right sides. I believe it called a top header? It looks like that end section unbolts from the rest of the frame so I am trying to replace just that section as the rest of the top frame is fine. Does anyone have one or know where I can get one?

Thanks!
64ragtop
Post Number: 440

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 5:09 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi, Steve,

The only place I found that mentions repair parts for convertible tops is Convertible Service, in California. http://www.convertibleparts.com/index.htm /index.htm
That's where I got my hydraulic parts for the 64ragtop.
The website says they have parts in stock and also make parts. If the header does unbolt, I'd bet they could repair it or make you a new one.
They're nice folks and knowledgeable, give 'em a call.(800) 333-1140.

BC
"I have gone faster, backwards upside down and on fire than most people have gone at all" Don Garlits
Steves65
Post Number: 76

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 5:15 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks BC. I will give those guys a call. So far, I have only found 1 place (a parts website), but the price seemed high to me $700+ shipping. I also put a request on a site called junkyard dog...they submit your request to a list of salvage yards. I have never used them before so I am curious to see if I get any results. I will let you know how I make out

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: