TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Wanted Long Lug Nuts

The Early A-Body Forum » Parts Wanted » Wanted Long Lug Nuts users admin

Maz
Post Number: 2

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 10:27 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I need 5 long lug nuts for 1965 Barracuda, they are 7/16" x 2 3/4" long used with the Formula S hubcaps.

hey Cliff got any of the stainless steel ones you made a couple of years ago???
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1320

Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 6:23 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Do you want left handed or right? I have a bunch of originals that I won't be using as I have some of the stainless ones now. They are rather beat up but could be re-chromed or sanded down and painted.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://www.enbro.com/cuda
Maz
Post Number: 3

Monday, September 20, 2010 - 4:21 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
what do you have and how much $$. I could really use the right hand ones.
thanks
Maz
Maz
Post Number: 4

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 4:05 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Neil, let me know what you have I need at least 5 right hand long lug nuts
thanks
barracuda1965@yahoo.com
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1321

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 5:45 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have a lot, I was trying to collect a set over the last 10 years. Are you sure you only want five?

Email me your address and I'll hook you up! Like I said, they are a little chewed but not bad. The lefts I have seem to be in better shape.

neil@enbro.com
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1322

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 5:55 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Actually upon closer inspection, I see that the nicer ones have broken studs in them, and the rusty ones don't. Which would you prefer? I think I'll just get them all to you, they're not doing much good here in a box!
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Bh27d72
Post Number: 1
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 9:41 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I thought I would continue this thread as I see this topic has come up a time or two. I also see that the legendary Clif's parts (referenced elsewhere on the forum) are not available either.

I am looking for a full set of the long lug nuts for a 1967 Formula S, 10 LH thread and 10 RH thread. I believe these are part numbers RD-716SL and RD-716SR.

Any information on a source for these parts would be appreciated!
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1348

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 10:31 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have 11 leftys and 1 righty. They will need to be sanded or sandblasted and painted or re-chromed. 3 of them are probably okay as is, but the others are all chipped at the top where impact wrenches got on them. It's pretty hard to find them in any condition. If you want them all, you can have them for a nominal fee of like $20 plus shipping.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Brion
Post Number: 182

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 4:53 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Laysons Restorations usually stocks new ones which are nice.
I have had good luck with Laysons; but not everybody in the club likes them...
Good Luck
Bh27d72
Post Number: 2
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 6:50 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks guys. I had already called Layson's and they pointed me here as they are not carrying them and they have no source for them.

Hey Neil, I'll take what you've got! My e-mail address is ingrassi@us.ibm.com. I can mail check in advance or whatever you need.
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1349

Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 8:16 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Let me pack them up and see....I'll email you. Money isn't as important as knowing they are going to a good home, not scrap metal.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: