TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

65 barracuda

The Early A-Body Forum » Parts Wanted » 65 barracuda users admin

Goldfish65
Post Number: 3
Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 10:57 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Had a moderately bad fenderbender. No one hurt 'cept "Goldie." He needs left front fender, headlight ring, valence panel, left side grill pieces. Anyone have these to sell or know of a source? I'm in Atlanta. Thanks.
Fstfish66
Post Number: 176

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 8:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
sorry to hear of your bad day,, look on e bay,, or for a bodies only .com or try craigs list do a search, on craigs list somne times u find b cudas or valiants that are just parts cars,, good luck
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2006 chrysler pacifica
Cuda65vpt
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 24
Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 9:08 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That really stinks. Best of luck to you finding the parts needed. I know of a a decent Valiant valance but it isn't quite the right part.
Goldfish65
Post Number: 4
Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 11:14 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks guys, don't be an impatient driver like I was because this is what can happen. I may have lucked out..heard from someone who's parting out a 65. Hey fstfish66, I think it's you who tinted your rear window..really sets it off. Gonna do the same thing to Goldie. Someday...
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1180

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 7:42 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I had a bad day like that, it's turned into a bad year. Finding the parts was tough. I ended up welding two front valances together to make one good one. I still don't have the car back together...but it's coming. You're not alone!

The best thing is to not wait, just get at it! Get a friend to help too, that makes it easier and more fun.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Goldfish65
Post Number: 5
Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 11:19 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey thanks for the encouragement Neilb. I agree, best to get back at it. Pallet o'parts should arrive end of next week. I really lucked out with that. So, you're the one with the rear window tint. I hope you believe that imitation is best form of flattery because I'm gonna do that to Goldie one day. Cuts down heat buildup.
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1181

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 1:59 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Does it EVER cut down on heat! I got the darkest possible. The guy assured me he could do it in one piece, but he couldn't. 3 pieces. 2 seems, one down each side from the roofline down towards the trunk. You can only see them from the inside. He screwed up a couple of sports, right up by the roofline there's this sort of rainbow effect...but I'm really happy and I will always have my rear window tinted I've decided. It looks very cool IMHO. I had it done out of the car...I actually took the guy a spare window I bought and replaced mine because it had some big scratches I wasn't happy with. I spent a few hours cleaning it before I gave it to him.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com