TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Needed: trunk hinge for 64-65 barracu...

The Early A-Body Forum » Parts Wanted » Needed: trunk hinge for 64-65 barracuda, center grille too. users admin

Spiderdan
Post Number: 2
Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 4:14 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Does anyone out there have a trunk hinge for a 64-65 barracuda? Also looking for the same years center grille piece in good shape. I'm in the los Angeles area.
Hemioutlaw
Post Number: 5

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 8:45 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
If I understood correctly you are just looking for the grill center? I just parted out two 65's and have one really nice complete front grill .These grills in good condition are very coveted and I'm asking $600 for the complete grill and it is probably about an 8 1/2 on a scale of 10 . There is just one very small crack on one of the lenses.The grill center is perfect and has all the tabs intact . I would consider separating, and sell just the center for $300 . I haven't taken pics of it yet but if your interested at my asking price I can certainly provide pics. All four trunk hinges were either broken or worn which is typical for these hinges. Being a machinist by trade I am going to remove the old pins and make new pins for these out of stainless when time allows.The old pins are a real challenge to remove as both driving or pressing attempts failed so we are gonna have to very carefully machine them out and they are extremely hard (60 rockwall,case hardened).If interested let me know and pm me an email or smartphone # as it's easier and quicker to send the pics.
Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: