TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Fan blade or shroud

The Early A-Body Forum » Parts Wanted » Fan blade or shroud users admin

Mikes
Post Number: 106

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 6:50 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Looking for a 5 blade or flex blade for a 273 engine. Or a shroud. Trying to find out why motor is running hot
64_barracuda
Post Number: 114

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 6:48 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The engine shroud only came on A/C cars, it will be hard to find. I am sure you already tried the thermostat. Is the coolant flowing when you feel the hoses? Any cool spots on the radiator?
Rick
Rick.Mopar@gmail.com
757-450-4907
"Chevy's and Ford's are like Belly Buttons.... Everyone has One"
1964 Plymouth Barracuda
1965 Plymouth Valiant Signet
1977 Dodge Adventurer
2007 Dodge Charger
2009 Dodge Avenger
http://www.tidewatermoparclub.com
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/RicksMopar
64ragtop
Post Number: 461

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 9:32 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Fan shroud?? I saw a picture of one quite a while ago and that's as close as I've been able to get to one!
Seriously, a shroud for another A body with a V8 might work (might need some modification).

Is your car overheating in traffic, or out on the hiway? A shroud can really help at low speeds, not so much at higher speeds.
A properly installed radiator support to hood seal can help at higher speeds.
That forces the air from the grille through the radiator, not having one lets that air over the top of the radiator rather than through it.

BC
"I have gone faster, backwards upside down and on fire than most people have gone at all" Don Garlits
Ibeenlookin
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 21
Monday, September 16, 2013 - 5:20 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have an original 66 a/c blade $50 it interested I could bring it to fall Carlisle I just sold my spare 66 3 core rad !!! I also have a 68 3 core 340 rad $250 !!
Mikes
Post Number: 107

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 2:42 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The car over heats in with in a mile from house. E nine was rebuilt all new parts. We even changed out new parts with other new parts. Even had radiator checked the second time. Changed out the gauge twice. I have a 4 blade fan on it now. I had theromstat out and it still run hot. I drove the car about 100 miles after engine rebuilt ran great.
65valiant
Post Number: 195

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 3:37 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
It's a myth that removing the thermostat completely makes an engine run cooler. In fact, it adds to the overheating problem in that the coolant isn't kept in the rad long enough to allow it to cool properly before being sent back into the engine. The thermostat is actually a restrictor of sorts in the cooling system to allow the coolant to remain in the rad to actually cool enough.
Darwin/BC/Canada

'65 Cdn Valiant Custom 100 'vert
Slant 6 /factory A833....SOLD!

'67 Dart GT 'vert
273/904

Check 'em out...
http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/65val/

Pistolgrip
Post Number: 12

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 4:13 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You can buy a 'generic' chrome shroud in varying widths for $20something at any speed shop. You position it around the fan & it attaches through the radiator with those plastic zip-tie thingys. They look nice & do the job. Whether it will solve your problem remains to be seen, but it is a cheap/simple alternative worth exploring.
64ragtop
Post Number: 464

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:26 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
More fan blades surely wouldn't hurt. I don't like flex blades because I've heard that they come apart sometimes, and the wreckage can hurt you.

Is coolant actually moving through the system? Start it cold with radiator cap off and when the t'stat opens you should see coolant moving past the filler neck. If not, check water pump, radiator hoses, Might have some trash blocking coolant passages. Sounds like somehow the coolant isn't circulating.

BC
"I have gone faster, backwards upside down and on fire than most people have gone at all" Don Garlits
C_onvx4
Post Number: 10

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 4:18 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You might have too much timing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: