TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

64-66 Stuff: Time/Place to Sell?

The Early A-Body Forum » Parts For Sale » 64-66 Stuff: Time/Place to Sell? users admin

Mrgem
Post Number: 1
Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 7:38 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I've had a number of early A-bodies over the years and during that time, grabbed Cuda/Valiant/Dart stuff whenever I saw it at swap meets or salvage yards.
The result is that I have a garage full of parts and pieces I'll likely never use.
Included in the stuff in my garage are:
65-66 Cuda rear glass
65-66 Dart/Coronet 14" wheel covers
64-67 Pristine Rally Steering Wheel (I may put this on my dart if I can find correct horn button)
66 Valiant 2 door trunk lid
65 Cuda Center Grille
2 65 Cuda/Valiant dashboards -- including one factory air + radio delete
66 Dart dashboard
66 Dart Power Steering gear box

I'm sure I have other stuff as well...Just need to go out into the garage (still in "endless winter mode up here in the CO mtns) as soon as things start to thaw.

I know some of these parts are pretty rare/desirable...but really haven't been close enough to the market during the last few years to know for sure how they should be priced. I also know that shipping some of the large/heavy stuff will make the cost prohibitive.

Aside from this site, any suggestion from you all as to the best place to market this stuff. I cannot go to Carlisle, as it would be a 3400-mile round trip for me.

TIA for your feedback.
64ragtop
Post Number: 510

Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 12:35 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi, Mrgem and welcome to the neighborhood. My primary interest is '64 Darts, but I've thought of some "mix & match" ideas. The '65 dashboard with aircondition would fit a '63 - '64 Dart, I think. Yeah, shipping costs really add up for big/heavy stuff. I've seen posts about carriers on For A Bodies Only (F.A.B.O.) and I think, the '62 - '65 Mopar group. Most of the car-oriented internet groups have advertising available for members. You can get pricing ideas from other folks' ads, and ebay. (unfortunately, that last one often sucks me in and I wind up buying stuff!)

BC
"I have gone faster, backwards upside down and on fire than most people have gone at all" Don Garlits
Mrgem
Post Number: 2
Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 8:27 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Bob -- What a great little Dart you have!

I have 3 uncut dashes. One came out of a 66 Dart and the other 2 are out of 65 Barracudas. The A/C dash is one of my cuda dashes. It is interesting in that the car it came from was a 6 cylinder, 3 on the tree, radio delete car. It also had a factory racing stripe.

Somebody needs this stuff! But the dashes are so large, it would be expensive to ship them.

Thanks for the suggestions on outlets for the parts.
64fish
Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 4:47 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Do you have a hood emblem from a 64 or 65 Barracuda in nice shape?
Ibeenlookin
Advanced Member
Post Number: 34
Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 12:09 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
whats the $$ on the Ralley steering wheel
64fish
Post Number: 4
Monday, January 18, 2016 - 5:51 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Looking for a bumper jack for a 64 barracuda ????
Bumboo79
Monday, June 20, 2016 - 11:13 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Any chance you have headlight bezels that will fit a 65 Barracuda?
Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 56
Friday, July 15, 2016 - 12:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi Mrgem, I am in need of an odometer reset button shaft for a 66 barracuda. Mine is snapped off. I'm thinking of doing a patch job, but if I could find one would prefer doing that even if it means buying the complete speedometer unit. Let me know if you have something along that line.
Cwelborn
Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 9:14 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
what are asking for 65 cuda center grill?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: