TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

65 & 66 Barracuda Stripes

The Early A-Body Forum » The Knowledge Base » Paint » 65 & 66 Barracuda Stripes users admin

Micke
Saturday, December 29, 2001 - 4:04 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Is there anyone that can tell me the exact size of the stripes on the 65 barracuda
(sorry about my bad english)
Micke.
gurun@chello.se
Cudazappa
Sunday, January 06, 2002 - 5:33 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
the club homepage has it! http://www.earlycuda.org
Admin
Friday, July 16, 2004 - 7:52 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks To Dave Owens For The Info On The Stripes. Dave & His Wife Own Two Award Winning 1965 Barracudas.
Thanks To Jim R. With Additional Stripe Info

The Stripes For The Early Barracudas Were Not Found Exclusively On Formula S Models.They Were An Option For All Barracudas.The Cost Of The Stripe Option In 1965 Was $31.00. Usually, The Stripes Were Painted Right At The Dealership.

This Means That The Stripe Dimensions Varied Slightly Depending On The Dealership.Keep This In Mind When You Duplicate Them For Your Car. Below You Will Find The Basic Measurements For Both Stripe Styles Below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 1964 & 1965 Stripe
A=6" center stripe, B=1" outer stripe, C=1" Space
65stripe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 1966 Stripe
A=1" space, B=4" center Stripe, C=1"space, D=1" stripe
66stripe

I Just Recieved Some New Stripe Info From Jim R. Who Has An Original 1966 Barracuda.His Stripes Are Similar To The 1965 Stripes.He Has A 7" Center Stripe,3/4"Space,Then A 3/4" Stripe.
Admin
Monday, September 06, 2004 - 10:18 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Dave from Lame Horse Racing, a '66 Barracuda owner, had this to say...(seems more accurate to me then the measurements above)

Speeking of the stripes, I ran across my notes:

'65:
|1" stripe|1"space| 6" stripe |1" space|1" stripe|

'66:
|3/4"strp|3/4"space|2-3/4"strp|1-1/2"space|2-3/4"strp|3/4"space|3/4"strp|
Admin
Monday, September 06, 2004 - 10:24 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The color codes for the racing stripes are as follows:

W White (Ditzler 8362)
B Black (Ditzler 9000)
E Dark Blue Poly (Ditzler 13040)
Y Bronze Poly (Ditzler 22538)
Z Citron Gold Poly (22511)
P Bright Red (Ditzler 71483)

"accent stripe" codes, I assume that
means pinstripes. These were:

31W White (Ditzler 8293)
31B Black (Ditzler 9000)
31E Dark Blue (Ditzler 13130)
31Y Medium Tan (Ditzler 22625)
31S Medium Citron (Ditzler 4359)
31Q Medium Red (Ditzler 71424)
Admin
Monday, September 06, 2004 - 10:26 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Bruce had this to say...

Dont know if anyone out there needs this, but a friend of mine pointed me to
this website. Im not associated with this buisness! Ive seen this
companies graphics though http://www.phoenixgraphix.com on different
vehicles and they always look first rate! Click on the Dodge Plymouth
button and you will see stripe stencils and other things for the 65/66
barracudas!
Pistolgrip
Post Number: 7

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 8:00 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I haven't been on this Forum in years! I believe it was Neil's baby. Good job!
I'm curious about the pattern (if any) regarding the SIDE stripe colors on the '66 Barracuda. I ordered mine new in '66 & requested Dark Metallic Green - partly because the brochure showed one with a black interior & a yellow dual side stripe. I thought the yellow looked neat in contrast to the dark green (I didn't order a racing stripe). When I took delivery of the green car it had BLACK side stripes (barely visible over the dark green) - not the yellow that I had anticipated. There was no mention of being able to choose a side stripe color. I've got a feeling this was just one of Mother MOPAR's quirks. Anyone?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: