TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

1962 Lancer Valiant brake parts

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through March 04, 2012 » 1962 Lancer Valiant brake parts users admin

Nc_lancer
Post Number: 1
Friday, October 07, 2011 - 8:07 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi from N Carolina. I would like to replace but maintain the brake system in my 62 Lancer 4-dr as a drum and non-booster brake system. How available are the cylinder and shoe components here in the US? (I will bend my own lines necessary. Are the components quite different than the 64 and up series. New to early Valiants and Lancers but not new to Mopar.

Thanks everyone.
Krazymofugger
Post Number: 62

Friday, October 07, 2011 - 9:23 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The nine inch drum brakes from 1960 to at least 1966 are the same as far as I know.Dodge dart and valiant are what you will have to ask for if they don't list lancer.Don't ask for lancer older then 61 because it was a totally different car.I get most of my parts from advance auto or napa.