TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

First ride o' the year

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through July 12, 2011 » First ride o' the year users admin

Brion
Post Number: 140

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 5:20 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I think it is officially close to spring -- at 70 degrees here in Mich. today; I could not resist taking "Val" out for a ride. All systems go mission control
What a great car.
Drive careful and enjoy spring friends.
Dalerich
Advanced Member
Post Number: 43

Friday, March 25, 2011 - 10:02 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Boy did we (MI) get a smack of reality, with snow/ice storm this week and highs of 30-33.

Next week I hope to awaken my ride. It will get some reworked door locks so I can lock the doors this year!
Brion
Post Number: 142

Saturday, March 26, 2011 - 7:17 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
It sure did kill my thrill - like you say maybe next week; maybe June...

Ride easy
Fstfish66
Post Number: 475

Saturday, March 26, 2011 - 10:45 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
spring just doesnt want to come to life this year,,,even tho the ground hog said an early spring,,cars are still parked,,,and was to busy and to cold to be in the garage this past winter,,,here in PA
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica
Donc1965
Post Number: 454

Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 6:42 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I hear ya Fstfish66. I can't wait for the warm weather. My Barracuda "to do" list is growing by the day.

I did start the car and take it for a short spin last weekend. Nothing blew up, so I guess that's a good thing!
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Daprez
Post Number: 138

Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 5:08 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
it was what, two weekends ago when it was warm and in the high 50's here. I drove the Barracuda to the store, I drove my wife to the garden center. I just drove the hell out of the car!!!

Let me tell you, just going down the road the first mile gave me a huge grin that lasted all day!!

BRING ON THE WARM WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!
1966 Barracuda, 318 TQ 4bbl, 904 AT, 7 1/4 rear, 4 Piston Kelsey/Hays Disc Brakes, 10 Rear Drum, MoPar Electronic Ignition.
Bobwells1960
Post Number: 7

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 11:32 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I took my first ride a few weeks ago -- and it was my longest one since I got the car last year! Took it up the Dulles Greenway, down US 15, then east on US 50 to home. Rode great!
Jameybro
Advanced Member
Post Number: 33

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 6:53 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I envy you guys. Wish I could drive mine. It's been really beautiful here in SE Texas for a couple of months BUT... I spun a main bearing on my fish about 3 months ago so no spring ride for me . At least that's the majority opinion of the damage - it may be worse than that. I'm now in the process of pulling the original 273 and deciding what to do - rebuild or store it in the corner of my garage and go with a 318 or something like that. I'd love to hear your thoughts on that...
Jamey
1965 Barracuda Formula S
2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L Cummins
Donc1965
Post Number: 455

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 3:37 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Allot of folks switch to the 318 ci. Easier to get performance parts. Hydraulic lifters too. You can dress up the engine to look just like a Commando V8.

Keep the 273 ci in case you want to return the car to original at some point.

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Barracudabad64
Post Number: 145

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 6:24 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Like already said a 318 ci is allot cheaper to get parts for and you can dress them up to look a commando. Also another idea is to look into a 318 magnum out of a early Durrango or Dakota some of those ran a roller rocker setup and they wind really quick. My father in-law had one in his 1994 Dakota and it was dirty quick. From what I've been told by a wrecking yard here is they bolt right in and mount to are tranny and you can run the carb or throttle body depending how much you want to do in converting. So you might check with other Mopar guys or local wrecking yard and see what they have to say. At any rate good luck at getting her on the road early on. George
Jameybro
Advanced Member
Post Number: 34

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 9:49 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Don & George, thanks for the advice. I'm gonna pull it and have my mechanic take a look to see how bad it really is. I really like the idea of a 318. We'll see...

I didn't really mean to hijack this thread. I'll post new info in a new one.
Jamey
1965 Barracuda Formula S
2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L Cummins
Tomibraniste
Post Number: 8
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 8:58 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I can't wait for the warm weather.
www.russianbridesuccess.com