TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Slant doesnt want to start.

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through July 12, 2011 » Slant doesnt want to start. users admin

Bigall
Post Number: 6

Monday, February 07, 2011 - 1:08 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Have just put the 2 barrel holley back on the motor after a rebuild,and the engine isnt even trying to fire up.Its getting plenty of fuel,have checked the coil(thats good)done the spark plug earthed to the block test and its got a real weak spark.The coil ohm test is at 1.8 ohms which is in the range i think.I am running a mopar electronic ignition with a chrome colour box with ZFR5N plugs at 40 thou and still using a dual ballast resistor as i cant seem to find a 3 ohm coil here in oz to delete the ballast.Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Another valiant driven daily.
Fstfish66
Post Number: 469

Monday, February 07, 2011 - 8:42 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
is this the first time you tried to start it with the electronic ignition???

is your battery weak ??? make sure that chrome box is GROUNDED good ,,,when you say chrome do you meen the mopar ignition box or the voltage regulator???, if the car is pre 1970, and your running the mopar ignition box, did you do the 1970 and newer voltage regulator conversion ?? blue mopar performance regulator???

being in OZ,, you should change over to the 1970 up charging system,,dual field alternator,and 3 pin voltage regulator,,,

if your battery is weak,that ignition system will not start.,,. it requires 10.5 volts to make enough spark,, any question on the conversion e mail me fstfish66@aol.com
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica