TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Speedo gear

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through February 02, 2010 » Speedo gear users admin

Jameybro
Post Number: 3

Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 5:00 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Does anyone know where I can find the speedo cable gear for my 65 w/4 speed tranny? I need the cable too, but am willing to use a universal one if necessary. My setup looks exactly like the pic Clifcuda65 posted here - http://www.earlyabodyforum.com/board/messages/705/4952.html?1225458073
My gear is white/natural
Blues65
Advanced Member
Post Number: 42

Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 4:45 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The question is which gear are you looking for? My '65 4 speed/3.23 rear/14 inch rim Barracuda came with a 21 tooth Speedo Gear. I have salvaged the Speedo cables and gears from many Early A and have never found one. I have a few (mostly 13 maybe a 17 tooth gears) common in Auto cars. My guess is your looking for a 21 tooth and thatís a problem.
Paul
"No one gets out of this place without singing the Blues"
Spankmeister7
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 22
Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 11:10 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yes it is. I've been looking for one for over a year (off and on) and haven't found one. I'll make the regular call to Wildcat or peruse eBay, but this creature remains mysterious. Imperial Services has been claiming that they have new ones being fabricated. I call every month to ask about the status of the gear, but every time I call its a different story: they're in the testing phase, they're backed up at the production facility, they're preparing a new manufacturing setup, the moon is full, you name it.
Muaddib15
Post Number: 53

Monday, October 26, 2009 - 5:39 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Have anyone tried using year one? They have a full line up of speedo gears.
66 Barracuda with vinyl top all stock except for wheels. for now...

to be added at a later date:
bigger, wider wheels
sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Retrosound model one radio
Ricer's pwned egos >:D
Brion
Post Number: 80

Monday, October 26, 2009 - 9:04 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I found this listing in the Laysons cd catalog and clif in az was kind enough to reduce this handy chart for all of us fans to use regarding gear/tire size/speedo gear.speedo gear chart Happy driving.
Lilredriding
Advanced Member
Post Number: 38

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 10:28 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
if iīm right the early speedo pinion should look more like this one

you can ask torqueflite patty (Pat Blais) i guess he has the correct pinion for you

tflitepatty@verizon.net
burn baby burn....
Blues65
Advanced Member
Post Number: 43

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 5:57 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I waited for a 21 tooth gear from Layson's for Months before demanding my money back
Paul
"No one gets out of this place without singing the Blues"
Jameybro
Post Number: 4

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 4:07 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yeah, Lilredriding, that's exactly the gear I'm looking for except mine is white/neutral in color. That's exactly the setup in the pic Clif uploaded on my first post above.Thanks for the source and everybody's help. I'm emailing him immediately.
Dillonr8
Post Number: 5
Friday, December 18, 2009 - 9:22 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
with the spedo going to the mph gauge the need fluxuateds alot does this have any thing to do with the gear?
Brion
Post Number: 95

Friday, December 18, 2009 - 11:00 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
More to do with the age and inexpensive setup of the whole unit...Forty five years or so is a long time to run, mine has had a consistent error since I have owned it - over 22 years...