TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Power Brake Boosters?

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through February 02, 2010 » Power Brake Boosters? users admin

63valiant
Post Number: 4
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 2:02 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I read the excellent tutorial on this site regarding the upgrade to the dual master cylinder which I plan to do. But I'd also like to add power brakes too. (Keeping the drums all around). What years and models would be a bolt in upgrade using the brackets and booster from the doner car?
TIA!
-Niles
Fstfish66
Post Number: 410

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 8:30 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
any A body from 1963 to 1976 and possibily volare and aspen,,,

but you will need all the parts of the power brake booster & brackets from the same year,,,which ever you choose,1967 i believe was the first year of the dual master cylinder,,,master power brake has a complete kit as im sure scarbird does also,,and i hear scarbird is way cheaper,,,easy conversion,,
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica
63valiant
Post Number: 9
Saturday, October 03, 2009 - 6:26 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks for the reply Fstish66! Do you know if the booster cares what master cylinder is bolted up to it? The reason I ask is I have access to a '74 Dart with power brakes, but the car is a disc brake car. Can I get the booster and brackets and then purchase a drum brake booster for it and have the assembly work in my '63?
63valiant
Post Number: 16

Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 8:21 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
From further research it looks like the earlier boosters (67 to 70) are smaller in diameter and I was thinking that might be the way to go to save space under the hood. Can I use the brackets from the '74 on the earlier booster? Or did they change that too? Is it a safe assumption that my original pedal assembly need not be changed or altered for this conversion?
Thanks again.