TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

People just don't understand

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through October 05, 2009 » People just don't understand users admin

Terryr
Post Number: 18

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 4:25 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
in england they think my car is ugly,even mopar people ,is it because there is no aftermarket for it .or is it just the other mopar marks have blinkered them ,,,i use mine every day now and it has proved to be more reliable than my wifes 5 seris bmw,and i love it ,,,i own a few mopes and this one is growing on om real bad ,ive a dodge demon that runs tens ,but id rather drive my valiant ,am i mad or just a lover of pretty cars
Mojack
Post Number: 141
Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 6:30 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I'm not sure what it is, but I like my little Val. even though there are a lot of "cooler" models. Do you have any problems with inspections in England for the old Mopars ?
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 180

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 7:07 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I also love the early A Valiants and Cudas. I think since 84 I've always had at least one.
Your not mad, just a true Mopar guy!!!!
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Brickman
Post Number: 77

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 8:43 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think your car is Beautiful! Keep on representing mopars on the other side of the pond.
Charger1969
Post Number: 4

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 9:47 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
what? your valiant is ugly? there is nothing wrong with your car. if you like it, that's all that matters!
Diablo
Advanced Member
Post Number: 45

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 10:19 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
When I first got into Barracudas I was obsessed with the 70 and thought the early A bodies were ugly, but the look really grew on me. I'd have my 66 over a 70 Barracuda any day.

I feel the same way with people that own later Barracudas. Almost every person I've met with a 70+ Barracuda seems like they think they're better because of it. Hell even a few people I've talked to think I'm nuts because I like early A bodies better. Not only do I love how they look, but I like the people that love them too. I've only been fortunate to meet one other fellow A body owner, but it seems to me like it's a much closer crowd, and I love that.

Keep on lovin that Valiant, even if nobody else does.
Terryr
Post Number: 19

Sunday, September 13, 2009 - 12:59 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
too true ,inspection are ok ,especially when the tester is a fellow mopar guy
Mojack
Post Number: 142
Sunday, September 13, 2009 - 6:13 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That makes it a lot easier.

I had a shakey time navigating the Mondeo through the Cotswolds. The right hand drive was all new to me, but I bet a left hand drive car in a right hand drive country is really tricky.
Terryr
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 23

Saturday, September 19, 2009 - 11:24 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
not a problem really,only makes overtakeing interesting
Muaddib15
Advanced Member
Post Number: 49

Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 1:37 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I like the A bodies as well. There are some times when I wish my grandpa had bought one of the 67s that was most likely on the lot when he bought the car, but then I remember that I have a vinyl top and A/C which makes it quite rare.
66 Barracuda with vinyl top all stock except for wheels. for now...

to be added at a later date:
bigger, wider wheels
sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Retrosound model one radio
Ricer's pwned egos >:D