TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Badge repair

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through September 05, 2008 » Badge repair users admin

Cool6
Post Number: 10

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 11:15 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Well poop, I broke the plymouth badge off the trunk of my valiant. Anyone have a place they'd recommend to have the little metal sticks braised back on? If the outfit does recroming I might have some other pieces sent off as well. Thanks for any help
Fstfish66
Post Number: 175

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 8:10 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
if you broke off the mounting pin,, you can use JB weld,,get it at the hard ware or auto parts store,,unless you know some one that can tig or weld aluminum,,, but JB weld will work fine,,mix it together,,put the parts together,,then file it down to fit the hole
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2006 chrysler pacifica
Codfish
Advanced Member
Post Number: 49
Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 1:26 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yep that JB Weld is good stuff...used it on the water pump housing on my outboard (worn thru thanks to yours truly powering thru the sand while shellfishing)...it forms up easy and shapes nicely with a file or a Dremel....
Cool6
Post Number: 11

Friday, September 05, 2008 - 9:53 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks guys I hadn't thought of that.