TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

904 Transmission Fluid Leak

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through September 05, 2008 » 904 Transmission Fluid Leak users admin

Toke2prank33
Post Number: 2
Friday, August 22, 2008 - 2:02 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Looking for an answer or a possible solution for a 904 auto transmission leak I have on my 66' Barracuda. It's leaking tranny fluid and from the first looks of it I thought I had a bad gasket...so I went on and replaced the gasket. Well hoping that everything would be good it WASN'T! After further inspection I found that it's leaking tranny fluid from were the shift rod meets the tranny case. It's a very hard to reach area and it doesn't seem to be anywhere to adjust from to stop the leak. Is this a significant problem that needs to be taken to the shop or is it a problem I can fix at home. Gurus...HELP!
Fstfish66
Post Number: 170

Monday, August 25, 2008 - 7:26 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
there is a o-ring seal at the shift shaft sticking up out of the case,,i dont know if there is enough room to replace it in an early A ,,with out removing a lot of stuff or even the tranny it self,,get a service manual and see what it says, i do know it comes out from the top,not from inside the trany,,good luck
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2006 chrysler pacifica