TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Archive through January 15, 2008

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through September 05, 2008 » 2" Formula S Lug Nuts » Archive through January 15, 2008 users admin

Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 946

Monday, December 10, 2007 - 5:32 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Ya, whatever Don and 64ragtop said! It's about time, I've been waiting for these! I love how you do business Clif "This offer is now closed!" hahaha..
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Stormshadowtbc
Advanced Member
Post Number: 34
Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 1:55 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Sweet, Cant wait! Thanks Clif.
'64 Barracuda (273)
Codfish
Post Number: 16
Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 4:05 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Can't wait to see them! Thanks Clif! -STU-}
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 46

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 3:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Just an update to let you know the 304L Stainless Steel arrived today on the shipping dock. I also have the "Certificate of Test" with the Chemical Composition & other tests.

There is No turning back here guys... Your SS Nuts will be coming in the not too distant future.

clif of Az.
65 B'cuda 4 speed
64ragtop
Post Number: 176

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 4:39 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
AAhhhh! - - PROGRESS! The news is GOOD!!!

Let us know what the final tab will be, and when you need the bucks.

Not that I had any reason to doubt that you would
pass that VITAL info along....

Happy Holidays!

BC
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 50

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 8:03 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Well, I've started machining the SS Formula "S" Forever Nuts on the first end. This op will take me a week or two depending how much time I can muster up. Then there will be the threaded end after that (2nd Op)...
So... Here is the Planned Thread List... Say something now if you asked for lefts, but now want all rights... Last Chance!!! This also may be the last time I make a production run of these!

64ragtop-------- 2 -- 1/2-20 all rights X two sets

Neil------------- 2 -- 7/16-20 all rights X two sets
Stormshadowtbc- 1 -- 7/16-20 all rights
DonC1965------- 1 -- 7/16-20 all rights
Jason----------- 1 -- 7/16-20 all rights

codfish --------- 1 -- 7/16-20 10 left / 10 right
John H---------- 2 -- 7/16-20 10 left / 10 right X two sets
Brad A---------- 1 -- 7/16-20 10 left / 10 right
Slotcarwon------ 1 -- 7/16-20 10 left / 10 right

One more note: I will be stamping a letter "L" on the "left" hand lugs near the bottom... I am thinking of doing it to ever other flat (that equals 3 times per nut just near the bottom and NOT all the way up the side like some factory ones... (Looks Dumb to me)) so when they are laying on the garage floor, you will see at least one "L"...
There are just too many being made for me not to stamp them and risk mixing them up.... Duh!

Production started
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 975

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 8:08 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Sweet! I was just about to ask how things were going then I noticed this post.

Those are beautiful! What a great photo there, one for the record books. You should show that to Layson's!

"Hey Dave, I'm just doing up some long lug nuts for all the Barracuda guys...I'm planning on doing some headlight rings, center grills and rear window chrome trim things, you know the ones with the V. Got any pending orders you want me to fill for you?" hehehe..
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 976

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 8:09 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Oh ya...the L ones I have just have one L per nut.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
64ragtop
Post Number: 182

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 8:47 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Lookin' GOOD, Clif! I saw the pic and started to drool. I can't remember this kind of pleasant anticipation for anything for a looong time.

Oh, yeah, Neil, I'll bet Mr. L. would get a big charge outta that! Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy...

BC
Slotcarwon
Advanced Member
Post Number: 47
Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 1:04 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That is just too cool!
Thanks for going to all of th effort.
Rich
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 51

Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 9:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Update 01/12/2008

Finished the fist op tonight... 305 good ones (so far) and 2 scrap ones... Ugh~ Now for some sleep...305 SS Lug Nuts 1st op complete
Codfish
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 21
Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 5:19 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hardest part for me is gonna be making the rest of the car look as good as the lug nuts! Thanks Clif!
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 985

Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 7:41 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Look at that! What a cool photo....what a lot of work Clif! Do you have to actually put the threads into each nut by hand, or do you just mount it on a machine then hit a button and it does it?
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 52

Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 8:17 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
When I use to make them one set at a time, I hand tapped them using a center in my mill to guide it straight. The Stainless Steel was to hard for me to power Tap.. It could snap a tap in a fraction of a second... and scrap out the lug.
Hand tapping is a lot of work and hard on the hands... So, with 305 Lugs to make... I am trying to decide if I should Single Point cut the treads in the lathe (very slow), or get time on a HASS CNC and thread mill them. In other words I have options and am looking to see what I can get access to. If all else fails, I will hand tap them ... Ugh~
I like the "hitting the button" idea better.. but there is also setup and programming for that... Not just a button to press.

clif of Az... Bad Ass Lug Nut Company
64ragtop
Post Number: 183

Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 10:49 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Clif wrote:

"Update 01/12/2008

Finished the fist op tonight... 305 good ones (so far) and 2 scrap ones... Ugh~ Now for some sleep..."

If I remembered how to do the math, that's a .07% failure rate! I vote he stays on the team!!!

"Bad Ass Lug Nut Company indeed" Look for "BALNC" in the stock listings!

Thanks for the effort, Clif!

BC
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 53

Monday, January 14, 2008 - 7:17 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I had time tonight to thread two lug nuts using the Hass CNC with a thread mill program... They test out great with my certified 7/16-20 Go gauge... and an actual 7/16 stud for our A-Body cars.

Clif, Bad Ass Lug Nut Company "BALNC"
7/17-20 thread
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 986

Monday, January 14, 2008 - 7:40 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
They're beautiful! We must keep them that way....repeat after me everyone....

"I will never use machinery, only my hands, on my Bad Ass Nuts"
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
64ragtop
Post Number: 184

Monday, January 14, 2008 - 10:15 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!!!
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 54

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 7:26 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey 64ragtop... I did a test 1/2-20 nut today.. (your order) It's the one on the right... the left one is a 7/16-20.

1/2-20 nut
64ragtop
Post Number: 185

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 8:32 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Looks MIGHTY good to me, Clif! Like somebody said, I just need to get a vehicle in shape to not embarrass your nuts - - - er....there's probably a better way to say that.....

Anyway, I can hardly wait!

BC