TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

64 Valiant back up lights

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through September 05, 2008 » 64 Valiant back up lights users admin

Jeffro
Post Number: 3
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 5:24 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I'm restoring a 64 valiant vert. and was wondering if back up lights were an option then. Tail lights have clear lenses but have a plastic plug where the bulb should go. Also I don't see any wires running back.
Donc1965
Post Number: 282

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 5:39 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have a 1964 Barracuda sales brochure and they list back up lights as an option. I would think 1964 Valiant options would be similar.

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Mojack
Post Number: 61
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 5:45 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
My '65 Val. 100 Sedan has the same plugs.
64valiant
Post Number: 217

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 6:22 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
It was an option in 64 with the Valiants. I had a four door car that had them, but my two door car just had the plugs. It's got them now. It's a trip how the hook up. They actually get their power from the windshield wiper switch. I tripped out when i see the wiring diagram then I happen to buy a dash with that had the separate wire harness under the dash for it.
340, aluminum E-brock heads ported by
Ryan J @ (Shady Dell Speed shop),
six pack induction
four speed built by Passon with 2.66 first gear
8 3/4 with back brace, 4:10 gears,
spool and after market axles
mini tubed
Sickboy79
Post Number: 2
Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 10:44 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I recently bought a 64 Valiant V200 that had the original owner's manual in the glove box still...It lists reverse lights AND lap belts as optional. And it also doesn't list the 273 V8 option, so I'm assuming that wasn't available until later.
Cavemanmoron
Post Number: 17
Friday, February 01, 2008 - 6:19 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The 273 V8 became available in late December 1963;
reverse lights were an option,
my Signet has them. :-)
[url=http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cavemanmoron/detail?.dir=d15e&.dnm=2e04.jpg&.src=ph]A picture of my 1964 Valiant V8 Signet.[/url]

I live Near Albany NY USA.

Please tell us;Where are you from??? ;)

Email cavemanmoron[at]yahoo.com
Jamesoverlie
Post Number: 13
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 6:18 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
HI, I HAVE A 65 BARRACUDA 4 SPEED AND WANT TO PUT BACK UP LIGHTS IN. I GOT THE SHORT WIRING AND BULB SOCKETS WHICH PLUG IN THE REAR HARNESS BUT WHAT DO I NEED TO ACTIVATE IT FROM THE TRANSMISSION SIDE? THANKS JIM ORLANDO FL}}
Blues65
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 30

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 8:51 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You need to supply power to the lamps (Lee says from wiper wiring), and the ground through the switch in the 4 speed transmission. Mine had the switch already in the transmission even though it did not originally come with back up lamp option.
Paul
"No one gets out of this place without singing the Blues"