TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Archive through October 27, 2007

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through May 15, 2008 » Today is my 39th birthday, and look what I got.... » Archive through October 27, 2007 users admin

Drmindburger
Post Number: 83

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 6:21 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey. The engine still looks nice. Naver had one that clean. If the frame is straight, that will be a big plus. And if the frame is straight, are the alignment parts still in the right place after inner fender twist ... ecentrics, etc. Keep us posted of what you find. I think everyone in the forum will be scouring '65 Cudas and parts.
dr.mindburger
1966 Barracuda \6
bored .040 over
64valiant
Post Number: 208

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 4:29 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I mean it Neal, put up a list and and address.

Lee
340, aluminum E-brock heads ported by
Ryan J @ (Shady Dell Speed shop),
six pack induction
four speed built by Passon with 2.66 first gear
8 3/4 with back brace, 4:10 gears,
spool and after market axles
mini tubed
Guppy
Post Number: 60

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 6:01 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yeah, amazing how the crowd happens. I lost my first Dart to an oblivious b*tch in a Diplomat Station Wagon. She was sitting there facing me, waiting to make a left turn. I was travelling towards her at 40mph and she decides to make her turn when I got right up to her! I had no chance to even hit the brakes, I just ran right into her pass. side, spinning the wagon's rear into a telephone pole. By the time my car stopped moving and I turned the engine off (it was still running - I was very proud of that. See why I like /6's!) the crowd had formed.

What I was annoyed at was that everyone ran to her because she had a wagon, they thought she had kids in there. She just got out and sat on the curb - she looked stoned. When her mother arrived, that's when she decided that something hurt and she needed to go to the hospital. She still got charged w/ the accident and went to court.

No one wanted to replace the subframe on my Dart, so I had to give it up...
www.tdiclub.com
Online club for VW diesel enthusiasts
Daily driver: 1999 VW Golf GLS TDI
49 mpg / 143hp / 273ft-lbs
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 1

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 3:20 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Damn Neil... I am so sorry... It's just not right what happened to your car. I am glad YOU are okay.
From looking at the pictures, it can be fixed, so Please, don't give up. Get a parts list posted, sounds like lots of people want to help you. There are good people on this forum.

Clif of Arizona
Jahsh
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 26

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 3:51 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey Neil, I likely have a driver side fender. Although i don't want to think how much it's going to cost to ship to Canada. Email me offlist if you want - same email as always josh@cloudfactory.org
Krivman65
Post Number: 1
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 5:35 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey Neil. Sorry to hear about this. What a birthday gift, eh? I believe that I have a couple good headlight rings. If you need one let me know.

--Chad Krivin
Donc1965
Post Number: 264

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 5:36 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I've got a spare driver's side grill if you need it. I might have some inner fender splash shields too. Yours for the shipping. If you find parts in the USA that you need and shipping to Canada is astronomical, you could have everything shipped to my house (or maybe someone who's closer) and I'll meet you half way with the stuff.

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 853

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 5:40 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks everyone. The insurance guy is coming tomorrow, we'll see what he says. I noticed the passenger side fender is torn a bit too, right where the bumper bolts on at the side. The bumper is pushed back a lot, especially the drivers side. I can't bring myself to get under there and look close at the drivers frame rail but I can plainly see the inner fender bent and the top rad support bent really bad.

I went to the doctor today because I don't feel well. I'm going to sue the diplomat/embassy for pain and suffering.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Mojack
Post Number: 56
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 6:14 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You beat me to it Chad. I've got a spare headlight ring Neal, if you rebuild, it's yours for the shipping. Very straight, but oxidized. It will need a strip and polish.
Headlight ring
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 854

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 7:25 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Wow, very generous guys. Thanks a lot.

At this point I don't know what I need. I have some spare parts already that I was saving in case of a restoration (some grill parts, lenses, a headlight ring). A fender and hood will be the harder parts, especially nice rust free stuff like I have now. I'll have to let you know, again thanks so much.

My inner splash shields were actually in my shed because I was going to clean them up and paint them. At least there's one thing positive!
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Barracudabad64
Post Number: 2

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 10:45 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Neil, Please keep us posted on what you may need. My brother has a 64 Barracuda that has a good drivers side (left side) femder and may have some other parts to will have to check and see what he may or may not need. Also don't forget if there something you need that the rest of us in the club don't have why there is always wildcat mopar in Portland Oregon that ships used parts all over the world. Plus there is a Barracuda setting in a field about 2 hrs from me that a guy might be able to get. I'm in south eastern part of Oregon and can check on it for the possibility of getting parts off of. I hope everything come positive when you talk to the insurance adjuster. Very sorry to hear about the mishap.George
Jahsh
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 27

Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 2:56 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I checked and the fender is actually a passenger fender - never could remember which side it was.
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 855

Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 7:57 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The insurance guy came today. He was pretty thorough. We went over the car. We found some cowl damage, presumably from the hood being pushed back. Steering column damage too.

He said he's going to put it down as needing a whole new front clip, minus the passenger fender.

I'm just not sure what's going to happen at this point, I'm not feeling good. I'm having a hard time driving, I keep feeling like I'm about to smash into something!

65s
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Drmindburger
Post Number: 84

Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 8:29 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Did he check the frame? Or is he sending you for estimates at shops for that part? The 1st word that comes to mind from that pic is "mangled".
I see this car coming back even if it takes major molecule adjustment or a donor vehicle.
After all, it's an "S" and not expendable. And I know who owns it and he is a dertermined individual.
dr.mindburger
1966 Barracuda \6
bored .040 over
1969cudaman
Post Number: 6
Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 9:07 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
damn...sry to hear about the cuda Neil! I hope your're all right. Let me know if you need help finding parts.
Daniel
www.1965cuda.com
Gofish65
Post Number: 14
Friday, October 19, 2007 - 5:45 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Sorry to hear about your car neil.
Hope everything turns out OK, Keep us posted as to what we can help you with?
It would not be the same with out your black Formula S.
Terry
Gentrysgarage
Advanced Member
Post Number: 40

Friday, October 19, 2007 - 1:50 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I wish I HAD some parts to give you that are good enough for your car, but I don't. I think everything will work out. FWIW I don't think the frame rail is a big issue ,if it is bent. Should be an easy pull for a body shop. They bend (typicaly) right in front of the front K member mount. Get it to a GREAT body shop.
Donc1965
Post Number: 267

Friday, October 19, 2007 - 3:14 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I know how you must feel Neil. I had an accident about four years ago. I was making a left had turn at an intersection at the top of a hill. It was getting dark and starting to rain. Another car came over the hill and T-boned me at about 30mph. The air bags went off and the car spun 180 degrees around. It happened in a split second and I never saw the other car coming. Both cars were totaled (my 1995 Stratus and his new VW). Luckily no one was hurt. The fact that we both walked away is a testament to the safety built into late model vehicles. I had this anxiety in the pit of my stomach and didnít want to drive a car anymore, thinking constantly that I might be in another accident. After that I became a much more cautious driver. I drive slower now and more defensive. It took maybe a year before I could relax behind the wheel again.

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Guppy
Post Number: 61

Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 4:45 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
IF you can get a shop that's not afraid to bend 42 yr old metal...
www.tdiclub.com
Online club for VW diesel enthusiasts
Daily driver: 1999 VW Golf GLS TDI
49 mpg / 143hp / 273ft-lbs
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 867

Saturday, October 27, 2007 - 1:11 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I'm getting screwed by my insurance, Silver Wheels program underwrited by Elite Insurance. Here's why:

They sent a guy out to view the car, a real knob. He acts like he knows everything. He starts going on about the optional chrome grill and says how his buddy just bought a car like mine for $28,000.

Anyway, they've decided the car will cost over $12,000 to repair so they are writing it off. I can take the $10,200 (that's all I was insured for) and they take the car, or I can take $3,700 if I want and keep the car.

Why only 3,700? Because the guy says he has a "salvage bid" of $6500 from a salvage yard. I can buy the car for that much if I want...and that's my only option!

It's a !@#$%ing racket, I'm telling you! Who would pay 6500 for a car that needs 12000 in repairs!?? It's complete bullshit! I called the guy up and called him on his shit, he just stood his ground and said it's out of his hands now, which it is. I told him he doesn't want to bump into me on the street, then hung up.

They know damn well I'm emotionally attached to the car and want to keep it, so this is how they screw you.

I might try to sue the other driver, but with Ontario's no fault insurance it's pretty tough.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario