TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Archive through October 16, 2007

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through May 15, 2008 » Today is my 39th birthday, and look what I got.... » Archive through October 16, 2007 users admin

Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 847

Monday, October 15, 2007 - 8:02 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Some @#$@#$ Diplomat in a Nissan cut me off. I hope she lives a short life.

smash
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 848

Monday, October 15, 2007 - 8:03 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
smash2
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 849

Monday, October 15, 2007 - 8:07 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Needless the say, my cruising days for this summer are over. Possibly longer.

I'll need a new drivers fender, hood, grill, bumper, rad support, rad, etc. I'm not sure yet, but the drivers side frame rail might be bent. The inner fender might be too, I haven't pryed the hood open yet. I can't open the drivers door.

As my wife said, maybe God has given me the opportunity for the restoration I always wanted? Or maybe it's time to park it in a barn and focus on my work, home and young family? Who knows. I'm kinda lost.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Dalerich
Post Number: 7

Monday, October 15, 2007 - 8:08 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That sucks big time, but more importantly, I assume you are physically fine.
Drmindburger
Post Number: 82

Monday, October 15, 2007 - 8:14 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I hope it means a paid for quality resto!
I'm gonna' have a drink to soak this one in.
I say the Cuda comes back bigger and stronger.
Turn a negative into a positive.
dr.mindburger
1966 Barracuda \6
bored .040 over
Stormshadowtbc
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 21
Monday, October 15, 2007 - 9:47 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
wow that sucks big time, I'm so sorry!
'64 Barracuda (273)
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 86

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 1:31 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Neil sorry to hear about your car. that is some ugly birthday present. I say this is your chance to bring her back even better. I always like your black cuda with the ralleys.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
340fish
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 23

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 3:20 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Very sorry to see your car like that Neil. I can't imagine how upsetting this must be. I hope you're not too banged up yourself.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for parts. Post specific parts as you figure out what you need. I'll be doing a couple more runs to Jack's this year.

Best,
Sean
Mojack
Post Number: 55
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 4:15 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You mean you let her live ? Kidding. Glad your OK.
66ragtop
Post Number: 65
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 5:19 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That sucks.

Everyone's worst nightmare.

Well, this or Don's ragtop.

Hope it turns out ok.
Guppy
Post Number: 58

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 5:34 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Wow, Neil - that's really nasty. I do hope you turn this negative into a positive. There are far too few of us around anymore; Don't give it up!
www.tdiclub.com
Online club for VW diesel enthusiasts
Daily driver: 1999 VW Golf GLS TDI
49 mpg / 143hp / 273ft-lbs
Blues65
Post Number: 11

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 9:20 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Sorry to hear about the car Neal, your car is a beautiful example of the early A Barracudas, I really liked the dark glass against the black paint; looked really cool.
Paul
"No one gets out of this place without singing the Blues"
64valiant
Post Number: 207

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 10:42 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Man, what a deal. Neil, I haven't forgotten you. You need some pieces let me know. My Cuda is recked too, but still maybe I can help with some small pieces.
340, aluminum E-brock heads ported by
Ryan J @ (Shady Dell Speed shop),
six pack induction
four speed built by Passon with 2.66 first gear
8 3/4 with back brace, 4:10 gears,
spool and after market axles
mini tubed
Donc1965
Post Number: 262

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 1:51 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I hope you're OK Neil. The car can always be fixed. I hope your insurance covers the damage including a new paint job for the whole car. I think it's best to just step back for awhile and think about how you want to proceed. Hopefully the frame is not bent. Maybe you could find a complete car to take parts from?

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Donc1965
Post Number: 263

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 1:58 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Oh, Happy Birthday by the way!

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Slotcarwon
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 28
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 4:05 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I'm sorry to hear about the birthday won't for get. I hate to hear and see that your car is damaged. I'm assuming that you are physically fine and we can all be thankful for that... cars can be fixed. I know it'll be a lot of work to get it back on the road but you have all winter to find parts and plan for next year. It sounds like your wife is very supportive so you are a lucky man!
Rich
Valiantmike
Post Number: 74
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 4:41 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Neil, that sucks. Did you collide with the diplomat bitch in the Nissan, or something else? Glad you weren't hurt. I have some grill pieces. At least parts you need are readily available. Let us know what you are going to need and we'll all start searching for you. Mike
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 850

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 4:49 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks guys. It's hard to take a decent photo because the car is in my garage, but the rad support is bent back quite a bit, the inner fender is twisted to the side pulling the fender over and even the lower rad cradle is bent back. You can see the upper rad hose is kinked due to everything being pushed back.

I'm just beside myself at the moment. I should never have taken the car out at that time of day. I feel like it's my fault even though it was the @#$@# that caused it.

I just found out my friend Joel's car got wrecked too. He's got a beautiful restored '69 Satellite convertible that came through Barrett-Jackson auction. Something broke and it rolled down a hill into a river! Completely submerged! It's getting almost a complete rotisserie resto as a result, all new interior and top and new paint. What a year!
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 851

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 4:50 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
crash3

crash4
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 852

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 4:57 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I smashed right into the passenger side of her car. I hit the brakes and skid and slammed into her. Her car slid and the ass end rammed into a telephone pole. Her shitbox is a right off, who cares. Another piece of crap going back to where it belongs, the scrap heap.

It was the strangest thing. I tried to get out my door but it was stuck so I exited through the passenger door and went to make sure she was okay. (instinct I guess, I should have hit the gas and hit her harder). Anyhow, she was okay. All of a sudden there were 20 police officers standing there (this all happened on our main street, Bank Street). I'm like "Why are you all here?" Turns out there was a cop funeral (young cop got gunned down the other day) just a few minutes before, so everyone was right there, I guess the funeral was right there at the big church, I had no idea.

A huge crowd developed and I actually yelled at them all "We don't need a big audience everyone!" but then I chilled out a bit. Before I knew it about 4 people I know were talking to me, just neighbours that were walking or driving by. What a scene it was!
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario