TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Dual Exhaust

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through May 10, 2006 » Dual Exhaust users admin

Keith_mopar
Post Number: 17
Monday, February 20, 2006 - 1:01 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The guys that are runing Dual exhaust, are you just running it under the frame where the trans mount is. On the passenger side of the car there is no exhaust cut out so the exhaust must just run under the frame making it very low to the ground. This is the only spot that made trouble for me going over speed bumps. Do the factory dual exhaust cars have this problem.
Thanks
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Njcudanut
Post Number: 14
Monday, February 20, 2006 - 1:42 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Keith, there were no factory dual exhaust a-bodies until the 1967 models. Layson's sell a crossmember that has the cutout on the passenger side, expensive, but I did found one on ebay for $25 bucks. Dave
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 18
Monday, February 20, 2006 - 2:13 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey thanks for the info. I do have one from a 71 Duster it wouldn't bolt under the car as it hit the frame. I'll try to get some pics.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
64ragtop
Post Number: 18
Monday, February 20, 2006 - 3:00 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Any competent welder can cut out a matching chunk on the passenger side in about ten minutes, then take a little more time to weld in the piece that replaces the cut out. My muffler guy did it without dropping the xmember. Layson's has 'em, but the one I bought was only relieved maybe 3/4ths of an inch. The muffler guy got about an inch more, and since he was building my dual exhaust system at the same time, it just went in with that cost. That's ALMOST like getting it free, isn't it???
Wanderer
Post Number: 55
Monday, February 20, 2006 - 4:40 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I cut the crossmember to match the drivers side never finished modding the the tranny mount. but it would match the drivers side also. Took more than 10 minutes to do even if you subtract the time spent at the hospital due to a suicidal grinding wheel.
wanderer
PS This car is soon for sale on eBay once I get some new pics..along with the Formula S
Mojack
Post Number: 20
Monday, February 20, 2006 - 5:05 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I notched the tranny support as much as I could without having to cut the crossmember. As you can see my exhaust guy didn't take full advantage of it.

Exhaust notch
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 20
Monday, February 20, 2006 - 5:13 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks guys, on the weekend the grinder and welder will come out. I'll take some before and a fter pics.
Thanks for the pics Mojack
Keith Mopar
www.moparmagic.net
Wanderer
Post Number: 56
Monday, February 20, 2006 - 5:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I went just alittle further you can see (if you look really hard in this shot

wanderer
Wanderer
Post Number: 57
Monday, February 20, 2006 - 5:19 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
PS Mojack LLLOOOVVVE the scattershield!
wanderer
Keith_mopar
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 21
Monday, February 20, 2006 - 6:17 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Wanderer, Looks nice, I like the great job you did of moving springs in.
Keith Mopar
www.moparmagic.net
Admin
Administrator
Post Number: 110
Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 3:34 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I moved all subframe connector messages to their own thread called "Subframe connectors"
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Gentrysgarage
Post Number: 7
Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 6:14 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
HiYa Guys,
I promised a picture of the modded crossmember so here it is hope you like it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/wanderer2004/P1010024.jpg

Gentry's Garage
no longer wandering....
Oh and I thought I would post a picture of my newest Chrysler product....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/wanderer2004/P1010021.jpg

(Message edited by gentrysgarage on April 22, 2006)