TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

In Dash A/C unit for 66 Barracuda

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » In Dash A/C unit for 66 Barracuda users admin

Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 74
Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 8:15 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have been steadily chipping away at this project and just recently finished rebuilding the under dash A/C Unit that was originally in the car. However, much to my dismay after converting over the column auto shift to floor shift with console, the under dash A/C unit will not fit back into its original place. I have not been able to come up with a way to make it work so I am stuck.

So I have turned my thoughts to possibly replacing the in dash heater box (which I have already rebuilt as well) with a combination A/C Heater unit. Alternative is to just leave it out, but I currently live in Texas and A/C is kind of a nice thing to have.

Does anyone know where I might find one? And does this sound like a feasible thing to do? Or has anyone figured out how to get an under dash unit to fit with a center console?

Thanks,
Chuck
C_onvx4
Post Number: 17

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 4:59 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I kinda remember that the front of the console will need to be cut off to make it fit. I could be wrong. I am going to be adding factory AC to my 66. But I plan on leaving my column shift and bench seat. Post some pictures.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: