TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Using compressed air to clean out fue...

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Using compressed air to clean out fuel lines? users admin

Scoundrel8
Post Number: 1
Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 4:15 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey all,

This past weekend I tried to fire up my new used 65 cuda. It fired up with starter fluid but that was it. I pulled the gas tank and it was pretty bad. Also pulled the fuel filter. I have a new tank and filter ready to go in this weekend. Question is, is it okay to blow compressed air from the tank end of the fuel line to make sure it's clear or will that damage the pump. Also any suggestions on priming the line when I get everything hooked back up??

Thanks
65valiant
Post Number: 215
Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 4:31 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Just disconnect the pump end of the line and I'm sure you'll be OK blowing it out.

Just crank the engine when its all back together...fuel pump will prime itself eventually (30 secs or so)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: