TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Tank Filler Tube Mounting Screws

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Tank Filler Tube Mounting Screws users admin

Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 71
Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 12:42 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Does anyone know what size screws to use for attaching the gas filler tube to the fender?

It's not a 6 or an 8, too small and too big respectively. I didn't think to figure it out before putting the tank and tube in the car and I really don't want to take them back out.

It looks to me that maybe one screw has a threaded hole - the top one. but the other two maybe are just sheet metal screws.
Appraizgsinet
Post Number: 5
Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 3:29 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
all 3 that hold my filler neck to the quarter are 10 X 5/8, top hole is not threaded. where my car is black I used SS screws with a black head.
Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 73
Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 2:10 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Just a follow-up. Thanks for the feedback. It turned out that mine were a #8 but not a machine screw, they were self-tapping sheet metal screws. I got it secured finally. Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: