TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Trunk privacy board, 1965 Barracuda

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Trunk privacy board, 1965 Barracuda users admin

Richard
Post Number: 4
Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 7:27 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I posted this in another forum, but thought this might be a good try also. Regarding the privacy board for the 1965 Barracuda:
1. I have seen some that are extended on the right side, to cover the fender void. And some that dont have that extension. Both types seem to be original and not modified. Can someone give me some input on that.
2. Do both styles of privacy board have a metal band around the outer edge of sides and top.
Like the kidney cutout, maybe there are other differences for the 'S' mode?
I appreciate any enlightenment.
Richard
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 302

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 10:59 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
the only ones I've seen have the passenger side extension but not on the driver side of the car. The one on my car is shaped like this and does have a metal band around the whole thing. My car is a 65 non S model.
Maybe someone else can chime in as well.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Richard
Post Number: 5
Monday, April 24, 2017 - 8:41 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanke you for that info.
Interestingly, I found a Hot Rod Magazine article from February 1965, about the Formula 'S'. It has a picture of all the extra items included on the 'S'package. The panel in that picture is not extended. Maybe the 'S' panels were all that way. Or maybe typical MOPAR did a little of whatever. Cool article though, worth looking up

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: