TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

My gas guage on my 66 valiant conv. ...

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Archive through July 17, 2003 » My gas guage on my 66 valiant conv. has worked on and off when it feels like it .The connecions seem to be alright can't find the problem who has an answer. Bob users admin

Anonymous
Friday, March 01, 2002 - 5:53 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Sombody please tell me how to correct the problem.
Cudabob
Sunday, March 03, 2002 - 6:45 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I had the same problem and I had to add a ground wire from the fuel out on the tank to the fuel line to get a ground so the gauge would work.
Andrewc
Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 6:47 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I had the same problem on 66 convt. Do what Cudabob did and then check the ground on the screws that secure the dashboard to the car,if your dash lights also flicker, that's the problem
Urfshfd
Monday, April 15, 2002 - 9:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
sounds like ground problem. when you pull the sending wire off and ground it to the chassis does the gauge go to full every time? if not its probably the gauge. if it does, you have the ground strap(clip)from the fuel line to the sending unit. i didnt have it when i got my car and very few cars still have them as people dont think they need it. try that if you dont have it.