TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Under Dash A/C Unit Model S

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Under Dash A/C Unit Model S users admin

Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 66
Monday, February 27, 2017 - 8:10 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I recently began working on restoring the under dash A/C unit that was in the car when I bought it. The unit didn't work back then, and now I know why. The wiring inside was cut and spliced and cut and spliced again - it was a real mess. Does anyone have or know where I could get a wiring diagram for that unit? It appears it should be fairly simple, but there were so many cuts and splices as well as extra wires that it's not real clear to me what it should be. The manuals that I have show the unit but do not show the wiring except for the pigtail that comes out and connects to the dash wiring.
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 300

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 9:44 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
This is from my 65 Cuda wiring diagram, don't know if it helps you or not.

Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 67
Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 4:45 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks Keith, I have a similar one to this in my manual but it is for an integrated heat and A/C unit whereas mine is a separate A/C unit that mounts to the lower part of the dash. I have figured out the power input lines and I know the line that goes to the compressor clutch. The problem however was that the compressor clutch line was cut off and not attached . This setup has a temp switch witch is a slide bar and it has two electrical connections on it, one of which has a wire connected that goes to the push button switch. After that I haven't got a clue. I'll draw a sketch of what I have and upload it later.
Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 68
Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 8:14 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
So Here is a picture of the wiring that was inside the box (or lack thereof). Remember this did not work when I got it so with all the splicing and cut wires I have no idea what should have been.
image/bmpA/C Wiring 66 Cuda Under Dash Mount
A-C Control Wiring.bmp (1462.2 k)
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 301

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 4:23 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Wow that is hard to figure with that diagram..

I had a friend put in an under dash from another early A body and this is the diagram they sent him with his new compressor. Don't know if it will help but it's all I could find.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 69
Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 5:00 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks Keith. Actually that may just help. The dotted lines being what I think should be based on your diagram. I guess I can only try.
Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 70
Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 2:01 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Just an update response. Keith your diagram helped and between yours and mine I was able to get the switch to work correctly and have all 3 speeds to the motor working fine. Now I just have to wait for the system to be up before I can determine the clutch circuit works correctly.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: