TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

'73 Barracuda bumper

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » '73 Barracuda bumper users admin

Gofixit
Post Number: 1
Monday, January 16, 2017 - 3:53 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi everyone,

Have got a quick question. My dad owns a 73 Cuda, and totally adores it. Though a couple of days ago he hit a tree and badly damaged the bumper. I mean, that metal shiny piece. And he's so upset that I think to make a present and buy him both front and rear bumpers (the rear has got a dent in it). I want to go chrome, as he's already got plenty of chromed stuff on the Cuda. Do you guys know a good place which provides chromed bumpers for it?

Thanx!
Mojack
Post Number: 418

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 4:47 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
There is a place local to me that seems to have a good reputation for straightening and chroming bumpers, I think they have driver and show quality, let your pocketbook be the guide. Tri-City Plating Co. in Elizabethton, Tn.
Gofixit
Post Number: 2
Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 1:03 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks, man! I've written it down, and if we don't find anything locally will go to TN. Not that far away, haha
I guess I will give them a call and possibly send pictures of what we've got to see what price they will charge me... I also found a couple of aftermarket replacement bumpers, around $200 each. So we'll see what will be reasonable at this point.
Gofixit
Post Number: 3
Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 1:09 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I ordered a replacement bumper (front) from the place I told you (https://www.carid.com/replacement-bumpers/). I guess the rear one is not that bad, so hoping to restore it. Thanks for help! J

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: