TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Data tag/fender tag

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Data tag/fender tag users admin

Gobigred
Post Number: 1
Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 7:24 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I am not familiar with Mopars, but have located a 65 Barracuda that I may take a look at. Before driving there, I want to be sure I know where to look for the identification tag. Am I correct that it with be found on the driver side A pillar?

Are there any other tags or numbers stamped anywhere that I should look for?
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 295

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 10:04 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The Vin can be found on the dash by looking through the windshield on the Drivers side and the other ID plate for the car is the fender tag which is located on the inside fender in the engine compartment.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
C_onvx4
Post Number: 16

Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 6:46 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
A 65 mopar will not have the vin on the dash. That started in 68. the 65 vin will be on a tag spot welded to the drivers door jam / A pillar. No rivets were used from the factor on pre dash vin cars. The fender tag would be on the drivers inner fender apron under the hood. This is held on by two screws.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: