TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Speedometer Odometer Reset knob

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Speedometer Odometer Reset knob users admin

Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 57
Friday, July 15, 2016 - 1:05 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have a 66 barracuda and the reset knob for the odometer broke off. I have about an eighth of an inch of shaft sticking out but that is not enough to put a new knob on unless I thread it and make some kind of adapter.

Has anyone seen where I might be able to get a replacement shaft or have one? willing to buy the complete speedometer if needed.
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 294

Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 9:30 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You may have to put a wanted add for a whole speedo on www.forabodiesonly.com to get a reset knob.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 58
Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 2:51 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I actually found one. A friend next town over had a couple of dashes from a 67. the reset mechanism was a little different but I was able to modify so that it worked with mine.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: