TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

1965 Barracuda a/c receiver drier

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » 1965 Barracuda a/c receiver drier users admin

Mmcquay
Post Number: 1
Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 8:17 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I recently helped my son buy a 65 Barracuda. It has factory air, which I plan to get working, but the receiver drier is an odd one in the way the input/output ports are positioned and in that it lays on it's side rather than being mounted vertically. I have not been able to find a replacement and would like to stick with the original look as much as I can. What do you all do for replacement receiver driers? Has anyone cut one of these open and replaced the desiccant? I'm toying with the idea...
Carfan
Post Number: 3
Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 6:11 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Why do you have to replace them? I put my system back in service on my 69 dart by replacing the pump (used one) and the missing hoses and charged it over 5 years ago and it has always worked and never needed a recharge.I plan on doing the same on my Lancer.
Larry
C_onvx4
Post Number: 15

Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 9:49 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
An A/C company in Florida will cut open and replace the desiccant. If you feel like you have the capability to do it then do it.
Let us know how it goes.
I am looking for a horizontal dryer for my 66.
If you could post some dimensions and pictures of the inside it would probably help quite a few people out.
C_onvx4
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 21

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 5:41 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Update on my search for a horizontal dryer.
I bought a very rusty one I plan to cut apart so I can remake it. Then on Epay I found an new old stock aluminum aftermarket one very cheep.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: